Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I just sent mine and I hope my receiver likes what I sent.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    @Ladeback69
      Same here....the eagle has left the nest today as well
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    The collection is coming together nicely. Should ship tomorrow. 
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    edited June 2015
    Hello All,
    I decided to do something a little bit different with an awesome package that arrived today from @Proser. Check out the video below to see all the cool stuff he sent me from the great state of Texas!

http://bit.ly/1dcAvpD

One thing to note; I'm still getting used to my new GoPro and I did not use an external mic, so the audio is pretty soft. You may need to turn the volume up; I promise there's nothing terribly loud and no 'gotchas'. There's some background noise as well; apologies for that, still learning...

Enjoy guys, and huge thanks again to @cazzy for a really fun exchange and @Proser for some really fun stuff!

Cheers All -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Ok sent out a hefty package of treats today. Just one problem I forgot to put my letter in the box. Sumbofabit@h! Any way if you receive a usps box that looks like it's ready to explode it from me. Illinois/wisconsin care package. Was nice to get out on Harley this weekend cruzing around picking stuff up. You'll know buy the illinois shipping address on the label. Dam rookie. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • JACKPOT!!! Huge shout out to @Lmidkiff on an amazing "Texas" style package!! Everything was made in Texas. I cannot wait!! Thanks SO much Lee!! 

BTW- USPS fail. I hope this was all of it... 

Thanks again!!

@Lmidkiff sent me some of those cookies last year. Man, those things are awful. You should box them back up and send them to me so I can get rid of them for you. 

Little Rock, AR

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    JACKPOT!!! Huge shout out to @Lmidkiff on an amazing "Texas" style package!! Everything was made in Texas. I cannot wait!! Thanks SO much Lee!! 

Thanks again!!

@Lmidkiff sent me some of those cookies last year. Man, those things are awful. You should box them back up and send them to me so I can get rid of them for you. 
    No way. They were the first thing opened. And they are amazing!!! 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Hello All,
    I decided to do something a little bit different with an awesome package that arrived today from @Proser. Check out the video below to see all the cool stuff he sent me from the great state of Texas!

What a great idea.   Fun to share your stoke and thanks for the effort on the vid!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    JACKPOT!!! Huge shout out to @Lmidkiff on an amazing "Texas" style package!! Everything was made in Texas. I cannot wait!! Thanks SO much Lee!! 

Thanks again!!

Love Austin's Own...it's my go to for chopped brisket.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Man, y'all are bringing it hard this year!!!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    I'm still reeling. @cazzy , dude, thanks for organizing, I'm glad I participated. @jls9595 , can't thank you enough, you have literally solved my rub problem for a year, or more!! I hope my draw likes his half as much.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • I was gonna ship my draw's box tomorrow. Now I'm thinking I better grab some more stuff if I can locate it. Not a lot to pick from round here. 

Little Rock, AR

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Really glad you liked it @anton I had a ton of fun putting it together.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442

Thanks again!!

Glad you received it. Enjoy! BTW the vanilla wafers make an amazing banana pudding. 
    McKinney, TX
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    I thought I did good. But you guys crushed me.  Not to say my gift was sub par.  Just not spectacular.  Booze and a brisket.  I can't  hang........this year. 
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • cazzy
    Hello All,

One thing to note; I'm still getting used to my new GoPro and I did not use an external mic, so the audio is pretty soft. You may need to turn the volume up; I promise there's nothing terribly loud and no 'gotchas'. There's some background noise as well; apologies for that, still learning...

Enjoy guys, and huge thanks again to @cazzy for a really fun exchange and @Proser for some really fun stuff!

Cheers All -
    B_B

Enjoyed your video man!  It was a pleasure seeing your genuine excitement!
  • Ladeback69
    edited June 2015
    jls9595 said:
    Really glad you liked it @anton I had a ton of fun putting it together.  

Awesome @jls9595.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Black_Badger
    Thanks @cazzy, @KiterTodd, and @HendersonTRKing! I really enjoy doing this thing and the videos seemed like a fun idea! hope you all enjoy. Let me know if the links don't work for anyone.

Cheers -
    B_B

Middleton, WI
  • Ladeback69
    Thanks @cazzy, @KiterTodd, and @HendersonTRKing! I really enjoy doing this thing and the videos seemed like a fun idea! hope you all enjoy. Let me know if the links don't work for anyone.

Cheers -
    B_B
    @Black_Badger, I am watching your video and DAMN that's a lot of stuff.  @Proser, do you own rub and sauce shop, that's a lot of stuff.  You are very generous.  Awesome jobs everyone, I am glad I got involved this year in the exchange.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    @Black_Badger that was a great way to showcase your shipment,  It was fun buying stuff I don't usually use. Keep me posted on how it works out.
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    @Black_Badger -- Watched the video you prepared for me 3x last night and again this morning after the booze wore off.  It's still awesome.  You totally rocked this gift exchange and have set a high bar for me for next year.  

Here are the links to your work, if anyone wants to see how to absolutely slay it:

tinyurl.com/q5stkzx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rkcECIKffY&feature=youtu.be

(And, fwiw:  (1) The handle "HendersonTRKing" is Henderson The Rain King, after a fictional character in a novel . . . which begs the question in another post about changing your forum name and (2) that is me with the giant tabasco bottle, in a shot taken at NOLA Jazz and Heritage Festival in 2014.)

Will be posting some cooks with your stuff in use, with a tip of the hat to you of course.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Black_Badger
    Thanks Rain King;haha, now I feel like a goof for making that assumption! The whole process has been really fun and I hope you genuinely enjoy the selections.

I also wanted to post a picture of the package I received from @Proser, because it is an impressive haul! Very generous; thanks again! I know some of you guys won't be down for movie watching (especially with rookie sound quality).

Cheers all -
    B_B

Middleton, WI
  • cazzy
    @Black_Badger -- Watched the video you prepared for me 3x last night and again this morning after the booze wore off.  It's still awesome.  You totally rocked this gift exchange and have set a high bar for me for next year.  

Here are the links to your work, if anyone wants to see how to absolutely slay it:

tinyurl.com/q5stkzx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rkcECIKffY&feature=youtu.be

(And, fwiw:  (1) The handle "HendersonTRKing" is Henderson The Rain King, after a fictional character in a novel . . . which begs the question in another post about changing your forum name and (2) that is me with the giant tabasco bottle, in a shot taken at NOLA Jazz and Heritage Festival in 2014.)

Will be posting some cooks with your stuff in use, with a tip of the hat to you of course.
    @Black_Badger totally killed it!  Way to research and get to know your draw.   Fantastic job!!
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    My package just shipped out today. It should be arriving in Kentucky this Friday. 
  • cazzy
    edited June 2015
    Fellas, please post shipping updates in the main thread.  Chilly, meant to send this earlier....you just reminded me.  
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Thanks @nlovold  for the midwest score