Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma Eggfest menu.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribs430pm.jpg
<p />4 slabs of babybacks. 1 set aside for Spring Chicken.[p]Crab stuffed mushrooms. Close to 25 of those.[p]crabshrooms3.jpg[p]4lbs. Mango/Ginger grilled shrimp. Not to disappoint. A Harry and Davids grilling sauce, not mine.[p]mangoshrimp1.jpg[p]I will have a cast iron Dinner Bell to alert the masses.[p]Mike

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, if you cook all that, when are you going to have time to play with the blackening steaks, mingle and have a cocktail or two? I stopped at Penzey's this afternoon and picked up some spices. That is one happening store. [p]I hit the egg yesterday along the green pasture. The banana and I got a lot in common, not to terribly straight.
    Tom

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    Yeah that is alot to do for one afternoon.
    Reminds me way back at the 1st Waldorf 'Fest Nature Boy cooked so much, even receved a tri-tip by mail from a forum member, and by the end of the day he was looking to have someone cook the tri-tip 'cause he missed out on alot tending to all that 'Q. As a result I dont see him cooking nearly as much as he did as the 1st one.
    So yes persuade Mike to do alot less 'cause it isnt everyday that forum members get to physically get tegether like this!
    ST

• Snoopy Dog Dog
    Options
    sausageballs.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,[p]That sounds awesome! I'm doing sausage balls and desserts of course.[p]Besides all the sweets, I am also planning to demo all the rubs and sauces during the fest. [p]OKCtrip017.jpg[p]10 days and counting!!!!!!
    [ul][li]http://www.oklahomaeggfest.com[/ul]
  • Seattle Todd
    Options
    Snoopy Dog Dog,[p]I can't wait to see the recipe for the sausage balls! I love sausage.[p]The chicken looks like it was delicious when it was done cookin'. But I can't help thinking that it's constipated the way that it happens to be sitting on the can, no pun intended.[p]Beers!
  • Central Pork
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Man, that all sounds and looks too good. I think you need to have a Cape Girardeau eggfest so I could attend!! It wouldnt have to be a big one, just enough for say (hummmm) me...Hope you all have a great time.
    CP

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    Might save the shrimp for the after party. Got a couple lessons scheduled. I can't even putt straight.[p]Mike

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,
    he/she needs a reader's digest! we need a funny pose thread of chickens on the can. there was one praying earlier this week. i've been in both these positions while "on the throne"!![p]pork fat: nature's broom!