Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pages Not Serving

Options
GregW
GregW Posts: 2,677
I am experiencing a problem with pages not serving when I click on topics. It happens a couple of times out of 10 clicks. The click serves up a blank page. If I click F5 to refresh the blank page the page serves correctly.

This is happening on both the Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Glad you posted this as I have been meaning to but failed in execution.  I get the same deal and on different OS's (Windows and Apple) and have tried three different browsers (I.E., Chrome and Safari).  A pain in the a$$ for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Me four! But, when has there not been one problem or another with this site?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Yes. On I phone as well as Macbook
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Yep, windows and iPhone, started a few days ago for me
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    The NSA just installed new taps and they are still working out the kinks.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Options
    We need a foil solution for this @texaswig
  • GregW
    Options
    I think it started a few days ago for me as well.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    iMac & iPad both!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kcw
    kcw Posts: 58
    Options
    Same here on MacBook Pro and iPad
  • GregW
    edited June 2015
    Options
    With a lot of people reporting the issue maybe the network monkeys will fix it.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • Legume
    Options
    The good news is that the blank pages load really quickly for me, no waiting on pics.
  • DMW
    Options
    GregW said:
    With a lot of people reporting the issue maybe the network monkeys will fix it.
    It's not the network! Everyone blames the network and it always turns out be the server, storage, or apps! 

rant over, network guy here. :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GregW
    Options
    Yes, I fully expect it to be a misconfiguration of the web server.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Noticed this happening on mobile about 2 or so weeks ago. I have erased and reloaded the most current and up-to-date Chrome and proprietary HTC browser and logged out of the forum & back in. The problem is still there. Which leads me to the conclusion that this is likely a forum vanilla anomaly. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Been doing it to me since last week as well.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• lousubcap
    Options
    Bump as I find the disease is expanding...sometimes it "takes a village" just to get to the main page.  Surely this can get fixed.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    It has been occurring frequently on my IPod as well. I have to go back and reclick on the topics for it to load.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Another bump out of frustration that the problem still exists-and venting early Sunday AM.
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Me, too.  Firefox on Windows 7.  Sunday, 6/27 - reload problem still exists.
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Yup. iPhone and MacBook 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    You all have the devestated virus 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I have navigated the "Devastated" highway-this is a friggin techno/geek issue. No dogs allowed.
  • GregW
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I asked the guys at Vanilla if they were having any issues. They said they don't think the problem is on their end. 
    I explained that I was in no way affiliated with this forum as far as admin is concerned.
    The only thing I asked was is Vanilla having any global issues that are affecting all forums affiliated with them.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its not the end of the world, but this cr@p is annoying. It happening with IE and Chrome, on Android and Apple phones, and the desktop.

@DMW - i'm pretty damn sure its the network. :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    Options
    caliking said:
    Its not the end of the world, but this cr@p is annoying. It happening with IE and Chrome, on Android and Apple phones, and the desktop.

@DMW - i'm pretty damn sure its the network. :smiley:
    You might be right. A miss-configured MTU somewhere in path could cause something like this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GregW
    Options
    It would be helpful to know if the problems we are all experiencing are being noted by the correct party.

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    1/2 the time, I click and get a white screen.  Click back, reload and like magic something appears.  IOS, Windows, doesn't matter.  Annoying, first world problem.  Waaah, my website doesn't load on the first click . . . waaaah!!!!  

For what I pay for this entertainment, it ought to work right!  

(Ummm . . . I pay nothing.  Nevermind.)

Sure would be nice if the Interweb and Vanilla Gods patched this up.  Pretty please?

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    +21

Men, easier fed than understood!!