Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-tip laugh

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,624
Saw this at the store today and had to laugh.  One thing I've learned about Texas, it does love  to claim everything as it's own.  At least there's a subtle nod to 'west coast'

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Smart packaging. Putting the word Texas on a product sells. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I should change my handle "Texas Angus1978"
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Legume
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    I should change my handle "Texas Angus1978"
    I would be more concerned with finding a 'chamber' for cooking the tri-tip.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    i wish it was that cheap uphere =) they could write texas on it and i wouldnt care just as long as its not 10.99 a pound, what i paid for the fd tritip this weekend, frozen to boot
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    The cooking instructions tell you that folks around here are serious about bbq. Where else would you assume that people knew what "indirect" meant or had a cooker with a "chamber"? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been away from Texas for 14+ years now (way too long)... when the hell did anyone down there give a rat's ass what they like on the west coast??
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    i wish it was that cheap uphere =) they could write texas on it and i wouldnt care just as long as its not 10.99 a pound, what i paid for the fd tritip this weekend, frozen to boot
    I'm sure it's only going to go up. More and more people are talking about tri-tip. It wasn't too long ago that I was watching a BBQ competition show and one contestant didn't even know about tri-tip. Won't be long before the are up in the ribeye range. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Legume
    Options
    I've been away from Texas for 14+ years now (way too long)... when the hell did anyone down there give a rat's ass what they like on the west coast??
    If I had to guess, so many west coast transplants here have created some demand for it, maybe the note is to explain it to the rest of the folks.  I sure wouldn't cook it that way though.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    I'm sure it's only going to go up. More and more people are talking about tri-tip. It wasn't too long ago that I was watching a BBQ competition show and one contestant didn't even know about tri-tip. Won't be long before the are up in the ribeye range. 
      ribeyes are cheaper here than tritip for the most part =)and maine lobsters even cheaper
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    caliking said:
    The cooking instructions tell you that folks around here are serious about bbq. Where else would you assume that people knew what "indirect" meant or had a cooker with a "chamber"? 
    True, but 50 minutes at 350 would cook it beyond my liking.lol
    unless it goes on at 33 degrees. Ha...Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas