Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Please remember those families in Charleston who were impacted by this weeks tradgey.

Some have lost fathers (and mom's) in what was a senseless act of hatred. We are all hurting here in South Carolina. Raise a glass and remember those impacted while you bless your fathers day dinners.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Yes, God bless those families and community!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    We had a moment of silence and a special prayer at church today for the people affected by this senseless tragedy.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    From all accounts, it sounds like those killed were really good folks.
    Phoenix 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    The Carolina Panthers did an awesome gesture, donated 10k to each family, it will at the very least cover an unexpected funeral.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    I have a very hard time with this sort of thing like everyone else.

The lives that were snuffed out was senseless and, all because some brain-dead, utterly stupid little redneck thought they were bad people.

I said a prayer for all of those lost and a prayer for the young dumb-a$$ asking he get what he deserves.

I, for one, would march his sorry butt out into the public square and put a round through the front of his head so he could see the bullet coming.

And, breathe.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Amen

Thank God that there's more of us than there are of them.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I have family that lives in Charleston and I think the whole city is stunned.  For those of you who haven't been, Charleston is a peaceful beautiful city and this has truly shaken everyone to their core.  Let's hope that justice is swift and brutal in this case. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Praying for all involved. It also does my heart good to see the class that is being displayed by those in Charleston. No burning, no looting, just people doing their best to get back to some sense of normalcy! God bless them!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    It is awful what happened. The guy said he wanted to start a race war. When he gets to prison I am sure he is going to get his wish. He will probably not survive long in the pen. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    It flabbergasted me when members of each victim's family got on a video chat with the killer, and one by one, forgave him!  They are better people than I.  

It also scares me, a lot, that (at least according to his "manifesto") that the punk was not raised in a racist environment, even had black friends, yet the power of a few websites (?!?!?!) could turn him into this???    

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    To quote @Sundown: "And, breathe." And @Botch: "They are better people than I. " The flowers of sorrow will bloom for a very long time.