Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Are You Spending Father's Day?

Options
Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
I can't think of anything better than beating my wife & daughters at putt-putt (mini golf).

EDIT:  I read this post to my family and there was much speculation that if I lost, I would tell a lie here and brag I won.  We're leaving for the battlefield (putt-putt course) in a couple of minutes.  There will be much crying later, but not by me!  Heh, heh, heh!
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Eating boiled peanuts.....skewering meats and veggies for later cook!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • BigJonMoo73
    Options
    For my first Father's Day, I am cooking some pork spare ribs on my brand new BGE! 
    Little Elm, Tx
    LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    The best you can do with this is to break even...But to all you Dads,  you have earned the recognition.  So enjoy the day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    wife brought me starbucks and a bacon egg and cheese sandwich then I went back to sleep and just woke up again. Heading to the pool in a minute.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Playing golf with my dad and my five year old tagging along. Then going home to egg some sliders and watch the US Open. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • RedRamona
    RedRamona Posts: 8
    Options
    I took the father and son to the local water park and then we came home to enjoy bagels with salmon I smoked on the egg yesterday and brunch drinks while the kid took a nap.  So far he says its the perfect Father's Day!  
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Got the egg preheated for a couple spatchcock birds. My folks will be over soon, good times. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Just got done with a FaceTime from my daughter and her family in Chattanooga, and waiting for my son to stop by for dinner on his way back to Iowa City (home of the Hawkeyes!). Just started smoking some country ribs on the lbge for dinner. U.S. Open and some vino ! Happy Dads Day to all !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Just finished a round of golf with my FIL. Doing a spatchcock chicken later tonight with the in-laws coming over. Will give my Dad a call later and wish him a Happy Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all you other dads!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Unfortunately on a fire assignment here in CA working a 13 hr shift in the command center.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    The Boy took me to a diner breakfast after I got a nice brisket going. Love checking my Stoker on the phone to make sure all is good.  Gonna get a nap, the fire up a Romeo y Julieta, pour a Knob Creek and smell the brisky cook until 7p and eat like man is meant to!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    @northGAcock do wish I had some boiled peanuts right now!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Picked my wife and son up at the airport.  Cooked some bacon and sausage from "Pig of the Month" for lunch and cooking some more for dinner.  Watching soccer on TV in the meantime having a relaxed day. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would tell a lie here and brag I won.  
    I use to do the very same. It would make my kids furious.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Relaxing. Listening to the thunder roll in for a second go round. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Drove home from 4 days in NC with the in-laws. Actually left our daughter behind, she'll start summer vacation camping with her grandparents.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

No need to lie.  Here's the scorecard.  We broke the rules of the PPGA (Putt-Putt Golfers' Association) by having a fivesome.   I beat both of my daughters, my wife and my MIL.  Sweet, sweet victory!!!

Flint, Michigan
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Just finished up a great lunch with the whole family. We did beef pork and bacon burgers on home made corn meal yeast buns with our citris bourbon BBQ sauce. And made Piney's Carolina slaw. Really great having everyone over for lunch and a swim.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I'm cooking for my family and my in laws. Will be about 25 people at my house. Cooking a #12 whole pork loin. Rubbed with mustard and trying some cabelas brand Kansas City rub on it. Cooking indirect with some peach wood for smoke. 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options

No need to lie.  Here's the scorecard.  We broke the rules of the PPGA (Putt-Putt Golfers' Association) by having a fivesome.   I beat both of my daughters, my wife and my MIL.  Sweet, sweet victory!!!

A win is a win, but at 7 over par, I wouldn't brag too much.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Installed a radio in my neighbor's daughter's car, worked on the deck, went swimming at the y with the fam, stopped for ice cream, cut, edged and weeded the front yard. Now I'm drinking pottsville's light beer and watching "my little pony" with my daughter. Wife's cooking creole on the stove. Life is good.

Except for this sunburn. I'm baked. Lol. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Cooked up a monster 56oz Prime Tomahawk Ribeye, then hung poolside the rest of the day. What a great day!! 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I saw that earlier on face book. Damn good looking steak Craig.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options

A couple of little girls, a grandma and your wife?  Dude.   ;)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Spending the day drinking homebrew. Like most days.  But I did get coffee in bed this morning so I'll take it!!!
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Hung out in the pool with the Fam while the ribs cooked. No storms today, - today was a good day. Happy Fathers a Day  everyone!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    Options
    All I'll say is my skin is baby @$$ smooth and nails like a premadona and supper egged by my Son. It's all good. And they beer is ice cold. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Egged for friends and family. MBW made sure it was a beautiful day, never to be compared with any other! 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Slept in until 10:00, coffee with peace and quiet until noon when my teenage boys came downstairs.  They gave me some gifts, to include a new paella pan and a French press coffee maker.  I made Green lightning shrimp tacos for dinner and then we went to hit balls at the range.  Got home just in time to catch the last hole of the U.S. open. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE