Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti-fied

Options
Well my boys surprised me with a Yeti 35 cooler today...  I already have and love the 20 & 30 Oz tumblers and the colster.  I am sure i will love the cooler as well. 
Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"

Comments

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Great cooler. You will enjoy it. 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    What a great gift.
    you will enjoy that one for many years to come!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Is it large enough to hold a 10-12 lb brisket?
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    dstearn said:
    Is it large enough to hold a 10-12 lb brisket?
    Most definitely 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I use a 65, it works out great for me. 10-12 lb after cook or before cook?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dstearn
    edited December 2021
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I use a 65, it works out great for me. 10-12 lb after cook or before cook?
    After cook FTC. Possibly a 14 - 15 lbs initial weight but I estimate I would trim 1-2 lbs of fat before cooking.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Great cooler and great size, very usable in many situations including resting smoked meat.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I have the 65 and the 20 (RTIC).  Both are great coolers.  Last two weekends Ive used the 65 and even with lots of open and closed only used 1/2 the ice I put in them over a 36 hour period.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Not that I’m looking to save anybody money around here but these Colman party stacker coolers are @ $25. And work great. 

• dstearn
    Options
    Just ordered the Yeti 35. Should be big enough for FTC and more beer that I can consume in one sitting, LOL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Not that I’m looking to save anybody money around here but these Colman party stacker coolers are @ $25. And work great. 

They also make good tub for your sous vide. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dstearn
    Options

The Yeti was SWMBO approved and my Stepson allowed me to use his VIP discount so I jumped at the opportunity. LOL
  • pgprescott
    Options
    dstearn said:

The Yeti was SWMBO approved and my Stepson allowed me to use his VIP discount so I jumped at the opportunity. LOL
    Hey, there's no real comparison. The Yeti is a whole other beast. If you decide to not mess up your yeti with BBQ juices and odor, try these cheapos. These stacker coolers are just cheap and convenient. I have several and don't care if they get messed up a bit. You could buy one of these without being picked up on the radar.  =)
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    dstearn said:

Hey, there's no real comparison. The Yeti is a whole other beast. If you decide to not mess up your yeti with BBQ juices and odor, try these cheapos. These stacker coolers are just cheap and convenient. I have several and don't care if they get messed up a bit. You could buy one of these without being picked up on the radar.  =)
    @p@pgprescott

Those stackable coolers are really freaking cool.    The one, and only, BBQ competition I entered with a few guys we used quite a few of them.    They worked out amazingly--and to your point, were cheap.

Having said that, we did keep the adult beverages in the Yetis.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    dstearn said:

@p@pgprescott

Those stackable coolers are really freaking cool.    The one, and only, BBQ competition I entered with a few guys we used quite a few of them.    They worked out amazingly--and to your point, were cheap.

Having said that, we did keep the adult beverages in the Yetis.
    Of course, valuables in the Yeti and consumables in the Coleman. Makes perfect sense to me. 👍🏻
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options

"Not that I’m looking to save anybody money around here..."  Truer words have never been spoken!   ;) 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Had a 45 Seafoam green last summer, but it was so damn heavy when I filled it with beer & ice, it took 2 people to lift it.  Sold it, and bought a Coleman marine cooler ($50). Much lighter, and holds ice for 3 days.  Yeti did 4 days, but we only really used it for weekend camping! 
  • dstearn
    Options
    dstearn said:

Makes sense to get a stackable for FTC as well. Now that we are in AZ the Yeti get plenty of use.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Added another Yeti to the stable.    I have the original version of this but this version is much improved with the big opening and magnetic closure.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Added another Yeti to the stable.    I have the original version of this but this version is much improved with the big opening and magnetic closure.  

Nice!  I have the old style with the wetsuit zipper from hell on it.  The new ones look very much improved.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TechsasJim
    Options

Nice!  I have the old style with the wetsuit zipper from hell on it.  The new ones look very much improved.
    Yes sir that’s the same one I have too.   I nicknamed that zipper the Devil’s V@gina
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I don’t know guys the big one I have with the magnet closure is like a bear trap. It takes three hands to operate. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bradleya123
    Options
    Had a 45 Seafoam green last summer, but it was so damn heavy when I filled it with beer & ice, it took 2 people to lift it.  Sold it, and bought a Coleman marine cooler ($50). Much lighter, and holds ice for 3 days.  Yeti did 4 days, but we only really used it for weekend camping! 
    WHAT?  They sell the Coleman marine cooler for $50 bones?  The one I bought was $65,000 and was attached to our Regal 2400...Damn!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• TechsasJim
    Options
    I don’t know guys the big one I have with the magnet closure is like a bear trap. It takes three hands to operate. 
    Hahaha the magnets are strong.  I’m off for a hunt next week and will take it and run through the paces then.  I don’t have a 3rd hand so this could be interesting.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Hahaha the magnets are strong.  I’m off for a hunt next week and will take it and run through the paces then.  I don’t have a 3rd hand so this could be interesting.  
    I plan to cut a stick swmbo can use to prop it open. It would be nice to air it out after use sometimes 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TechsasJim
    Options

What’s the point in this?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options

Magic stones for the win!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

What’s the point in this?
    That’s a classic scene from Breaking Bad where giant magnets were used.   It’s funny if you’re familiar with the show, probably less so if you aren’t. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike