Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Parker's Mountain Pure charcoal

I was just at my local market and I noticed they were carrying this lump that I had never seen before. Tried their web site but it was down. Anyone on here ever tried it... How was it?

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

Comments

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    There is a thread on here from a few years back about this product with one positive review. They also have a Facebook page but I have never used it. 
    McKinney, TX
  • Okay thanks... I'm not on Facebook but I'll look up the past discussion.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    I think this is one that I bought at Cermic Grill Store to try, (no longer have the bag to be sure). I'll buy it again, it sparked a little more than the Rockwood but no other issues. 
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Where were you?? I called the other day to place a bulk order. Never seen it in a store but they make it an hour from my house. They said I could buy 600 lbs for 240$. I've been calling back for a few times to place the order and haven't gotten anyone. I've read mixed reviews from different sites but it's only 0.40¢ a lbs if I can get them to answer the phone. 

XLBGE