Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Best Father's Day Gift EVER

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited June 2015 in Off Topic

Well, it turns out that my Father's Day gift will come to me on Monday instead of Sunday. Even so, it will the BEST Father's Day gift I could have gotten.

As many of you know we have had a foster child that we've been hoping to adopt for a couple of years now. Monday morning we are due in court to finalize her adoption. We are planning a HUGE welcome to the family party for which members of our family are coming from all over the U.S. to celebrate. It's been a long emotional roller coaster for us. The emotionally draining process has been twice as long for her as she has been in the system for over four years. Here are some pictures of her time as a foster daughter with us.

This first pic was taken the day after she came to us...

This photo is a serendipitous photo taken while we were trying to get a decent pic for our invitation to the party... it has become my favorite pic of our kids.

The invitation...

It has been a truly heart wrenching experience this time through. So much so that, for now, we have decided to close our home to fostering. At least until she works through the jealousy issues. Once she can handle other children getting our attention we'll consider fostering again.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments