Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE Owner, Turbo Ribs

First time owner...and post to this forum. I put my new BGE to thru its paces today. After an initial cook of fresh sausage and brats this past week, I wanted to "jump-in" as they say. I was pressed for time today due to weather, but I went with baby backs, Turbo Style. After prep, I rubbed them down with yellow mustard and rubbed liberally with Screw City rub. (Spice Galleria, Loves Park, IL) It is a sweet BBQ rub with a slight heat from cayenne pepper. Put them on the egg at 325 and included applewood chunks for a good smoke. I placed a drip pan with apple cider vinegar and water underneath....ran it for an hour. Temp pegged at 325 the entire cook....at 90 mins, I sprayed with apple cider vinegar and closed the dome for another 60 minutes. Ribs turned out slightly charred....a decent chew....not fall off the bone though. Finished it off with a honey BBQ sauce.

Looking forward to practicing and really honing my skills on this egg. I love it!!
KAB, DOT, Grill Grates, Smokeware Cap
Picnic Shoulder Addict - Huntley, IL

Comments