Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For the golfers US OPEN

McStew
McStew Posts: 965
What do you thing about Chambers Bay?

Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Apparently, it's cool to bring a dime bag in.

B) 
  • McStew
     =) maybe that explains Tigers round ....  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Absolutely fantastic !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Played it two years ago.  Wide open and not crazy long.  Really fun to watch the pros play it.  
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Doesn't look good on TV!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    It's different and that's what I like about it.  It's look and layout is as designed.  I know that some are complaining but to me...they're all playing the same course so it is fair game.  It's just crazy how bad Tiger is playing.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • McStew
    jabam said:
    Doesn't look good on TV!

I agree but it is some of the best you will ever play on 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • McStew
    TN_Egger said:
    Played it two years ago.  Wide open and not crazy long.  Really fun to watch the pros play it.  
    Nice!   I'm heading up to play in July in two day tournament.  I'm enjoying watching everyone play as well so I get some good tips 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    McStew said:
    jabam said:
    Doesn't look good on TV!

I agree but it is some of the best you will ever play on 
    I'm sure it is, can't imagine they would put US Open there if not in excellent condition. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I think it's fantastic. I love watching these guys play out of bunkers that aren't perfectly manicured so that you never have the same lie twice.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Course looks pretty cool. Not sure I like fox coverage

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    There is already a British Open, I don't see the need for another links venue.  The course looks real nice in the promos (read green and lush).  Why the USGA feels the need to dry out the greens and fairways is beyond me.  You can have fast greens that are actually green.  The USGA did the same thing to Pinehurst last year.  I can't imagine the members of Chamber's Bay like to see the course looking like that in front of millions of viewers.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    tgkleman said:
    There is already a British Open, I don't see the need for another links venue.  The course looks real nice in the promos (read green and lush).  Why the USGA feels the need to dry out the greens and fairways is beyond me.  You can have fast greens that are actually green.  The USGA did the same thing to Pinehurst last year.  I can't imagine the members of Chamber's Bay like to see the course looking like that in front of millions of viewers.
    It's a public course - owned by the county.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    TN_Egger said:
    tgkleman said:

It's a sustainable golf course
    http://www.chambersbaygolf.com/us-open/making-a-champion/

BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • beatarmy
    beatarmy Posts: 194

fox coverage is pretty bush league.  can't have us open without johnny miller.  the pros seem to really hate the greens. 

but I'm loving the late night prime time coverage.

Franklin, TN - (1) LBGE and a cooler full of beer
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    That Jaon Day situation was tough to watch. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    The course layout looks interesting and would be fun to watch.  However, I think they are close to losing the golf course.  It's getting too dry and fast.  There are some really good shots that are running away and ending up in bad spots.  Not to mention the greens getting really choppy from being dry and having so much traffic on them.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    TN_Egger said:
    tgkleman said:
    The USGA pumps tons of money into Open venues. Personally I don't get it, and I'm a golf nerd. @tgkleman said it, why? We already have British open courses. I like quality courses set up difficult for the pros. Think Atlanta Athletic Club, Pinehurst (before last year), Pebble Beach, Bethpage, etc. Nothing tricked out. So what if they shoot 17 under. They are pros. Anyway, people making more money than me make these decisions and Im still watching. Oh well. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Uglies course I've seen in a long time.  Golfers don't look happy.  Golf balls rollin in all directions.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    If the pros are whining, then it's a good tract. The USA is vast and different with all styles of golf represented. It's good to see that diversity represented in the US Open. I remember the pros whining about Bethpage Black too. 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I will say, I'm not a huge fan of Tiger Woods.   However,  it's honestly hard to watch the best player of a generation reduced to this.  Even his most ardent detractors can't enjoy watching this.    
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • ksmyrl
    If the pros are whining, then it's a good tract. The USA is vast and different with all styles of golf represented. It's good to see that diversity represented in the US Open. I remember the pros whining about Bethpage Black too. 
    But. Bethpge wasn't tricked up... Just super long in an attempt to Tigerproof it. 

• DoubleEgger
    Whining is whining. Put on your big boy pants and go out there and earn your trophy and $1.6 million +/-
  • ksmyrl
    Mostly true. But good shots should be rewarded. The USGA is famous for punishing great shots. Patric Reed just hit an awesome shot that rolled into a bunker 40 feet away. That's unfair. Even for pros. 

• DoubleEgger
    It wasn't that awesome if it ended up in a bunker!  ;)

I'm just yanking your chain....

• ksmyrl
    I often think my shots that end up in the bunker are great shots.... =)

So unfortunately...I have to agree w you. 

• golfandgrill
    golfandgrill Posts: 198
    I don't think it's the course is getting out of their hands, it's the greens are natural fescue and don't take to water as well as other grass that the U.S. Open is played on. It looks brutal on TV and I'd be disappointed as a spectator how far away on many holes you are. U.S. Opens are all about tight fairways, long rough, fast greens. Everything about this is bush league except for who is top 4 leaderboard 
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • air1keh
    air1keh Posts: 18
    Apparently, it's cool to bring a dime bag in.

B) 

McStew said:
    What do you thing about Chambers Bay?

You can do that or you can stay home and BBQ with this:

Category

Edibles

Pricing

Each

$18.27

Contents

Sativa

50%

Indica

50%

Details

BBQ sauce with 27 mg THC per serving, and 8-9 servings per jar.

Their motto:

One taste and you’ll say, “That’s good sauce”

• McStew
    ksmyrl said:
    Mostly true. But good shots should be rewarded. The USGA is famous for punishing great shots. Patric Reed just hit an awesome shot that rolled into a bunker 40 feet away. That's unfair. Even for pros. 
    He was the only player to hit it in the bunker on 15 today so it wasn't that good of a shot =)
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • ksmyrl
    It hit the ground 2 ft from the pin. Just sayin. I get you have to know the course. But cmon. There is a course in north ga that is the most scenic course I've ever played. They can barely get 20bucks for a round of golf. Cause you hit the green in the center and your ball rolls 30 yards back in the fairway. Their perogative but they are going broke. That's not golf...that's not entertainment.