Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quebracho carbon de Lena charcoal review?

Options

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I saw something similar in Canadian Tire this week. Not sure if it was the same but it was from South America

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Well With no responses I took your advice and ordered up some. The reviews on the Amazon site seemed positive and it got rated 4 stars.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I'd be interested to hear....I get Fogo when it goes on sale and I really like Fogo.  If that stuff is similar I probably need to get it too.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    @hondabbq have you tried this out yet?  any thoughts? I was about to pull the trigger on some but I will be on vacation when it would get delivered so I will order it later.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Amazon has it for $29.99 + $42.03 shipping What am I missing here?
    Sam's Club has best of the west Mesquite 20 lbs for $9.98
    Eggo in N. MS
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    @eggo we don't have sams club in canada, and many of us have very few options for lump
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    eggo said:
    Amazon has it for $29.99 + $42.03 shipping What am I missing here?
    Sam's Club has best of the west Mesquite 20 lbs for $9.98
    Amazon Canada has it for $40 and it ships free - go figure, less than 1/2 the US price when you consider our 80 cent dollar. It is FOGO (from Argentina - regular FOGO is El Salvador), or so my bag says - have not tried it yet will tell you tomorrow. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    @hondabbq have you tried this out yet?  any thoughts? I was about to pull the trigger on some but I will be on vacation when it would get delivered so I will order it later.
    No I haven't even cracked the bags. I've had it for about 2 weeks. Just burning ( no pun intended) through some other open bags I have first. Should be soon though.