Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling @badinfluence

Options
1235»

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Dyal_SC you should. You'd do well. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @badinfluence it's exciting getting the updates, I'm getting to live vicariously  through them. I can't wait to hear about the next week, it's nice watching someone live out a dream.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Congrats! Cheers to you for living your dream.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Congrats on pulling it off.  A lot of people don't have a clue how hard the restaurant can be, but certainly rewarding I'll bet.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    I am enjoying reading this thread as well. Keep the updates coming.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I hope you stay up to your eyeballs in orders and customers :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    @badinfluence you should check out the food network and cooking channel shows restaurant impossible and the new food truck challenge (I forget the name). I know nothing about running a restaurant or a food truck but I bet you'd pick up some great what to do's and what not to do's.

I've often thought of doing something similar if I ever get fed up with my job or when I'm ready to retire, but it takes significant fortitude to do what you're doing, and I don't know if I'll ever have it in me!

Good luck, you have tons of us living vicariously through you!!
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Just reading this thread for the first time.  Congrats and it sounds like things are going well!  
    A question: using the Minimax as a grill, does one load of lump last you the entire "lunch hour", or do you have to reload at some point?  And if you do, how do you work around letting the new lump "gas off" before beginning to cook?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    @botch I am still working on how to fit the egg in the truck. So far it is a charbroiler that I am looking to replace with a egg. Looks like enough room to remove the charbroiler with a large but it being able to travel is the problem I'm running into. I have a guy looking at building something to set it in and secure it to the wall for trave. We will see what he can come up with.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    @badinfluence congrats on your grand opening but even bigger congrats on following your dreams. I wish you all the best.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• mrw123
    mrw123 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm sure everyone is getting bored hearing about this but the 2nd day complete. Not as busy today as not a lot of our friends came out but we are getting a lot of new customers that heard about us from yesterday.

I was able to hire a new girl today to help with customer service (I'm not really a great people person) who is sweet and should be a good addition to the team.

it is ALOT harder then just driving a truck, but guys and gals I have to admit I have not been happier working so hard in my 46 years of life. 
    I can't imagine anyone is getting bored. I think you have a bunch of people cheering for you every day. I know I am.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    @RRP, the manufacturer might have been these guys:
    http://www.selectoutdoorkitchens.com/

Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    UPDATE: We made the front page of our local newspaper today! Good news was we were rocking it out...bad news we ran out of food...oops. Even the local radio station gave us free plugs today...woo hoo. Cooking a lot more for tomorrow. Got to go.
    Go get em!! Sounds like hard work, but I know your having fun!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    All the posts about how its going but no pics of the truck itself. We need to see where the magic happens inside and out!!!!!!!
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    All the posts about how its going but no pics of the truck itself. We need to see where the magic happens inside and out!!!!!!!

+1
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options
    Aaron Franklin started in a TRUCK!!!

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    I enjoy reading This thread. Keep up the good work. Good luck man.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • dmirish1
    dmirish1 Posts: 115
    Options
    That nest is called the Big Green Egg Roost and it's not cheap. http://www.houzz.com/photos/9441779/Big-Green-Egg-Roost-rustic-outdoor-cookers-and-fryers

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Congrats on the progress man!  I can't wait to see the inside of your food truck!  It's so cool to see someone getting out there and living the dream. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    @badinfluence, your Q must be incredible the way it has taken off so quickly. That doesn't happen often (I have never heard of it except with Franklin).   Congratulations once again and keep up the great work. I am genuinely happy for you and love the updates.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Thanks for the running updates and again congrats on pursuing and catching your dream. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    This is awesome badinfluence.  I am happy for you and continued success.  Can't wait to see the inside of your setup.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL