Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shelves for large egg

Options
garrybilbow
garrybilbow Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
Guys... I have just fitted my shelves after  waiting for them to come back in stock here in the UK and to be honest I'm not happy with the fit.

They appear to point upwards slightly - is that correct or am I just being over fussy ?? I would expect them to be perfect @ £125 / $190 !!

See photo - would be happy to hear your thoughts / recommendations to fix.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    All I have to go by are the wings on my medium and they too are higher on the outside, but seem to flatten out when any weight is on them. Sort of springy in fact. Try to push down on yours to see.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    $190?? Wow. I would want them to be good too. I bet they will "loosen" with time. You can always return them and build something. Good luck!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.  The only time the wings will be up is when they are in use.  Better to be a little high unloaded and level loaded than the alternative.  Yes, $190 sounds high to me also.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    looks good here, like your egg is grinning a little.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited June 2015
    Options
    They don't look right to me. If you put a tray of food on them do they level out. If they don't level out, I'd take them back. If you put something with liquid on it, it'll spill out of the pan at that angle. I just went outside to compare your picture with mine. The part of the bracket that butts up to the egg seems angled on yours. Do you have more pics? Also, my mates only have two shelves. Are yours the right shelves for your sized egg. I'm assuming you wouldn't even be able to lineup the holes if they were the wrong size. Just throwing out ideas. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Mine are level...LBGE
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I just went out and took a few pics of my mates. Not the greatest shots but maybe you'll be able to see something that's making yours tilt. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    FYI-Those shelves are not a BGE product (not here in the states anyway). Appears to be custom by a 3rd party manufacturer.  They should work, they look sturdy.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA