Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Prices

Options
I am in the market for my first egg. It's a bit overwhelming with all of the choices and options, but exciting to see and learn all of the fantastic mods by people on this forum. I'm sure I will have at least a few questions I haven't yet been able to find answers to on this forum.

My first question is whether the BGEs are sold at the same price at dealers everywhere (like Apple products) or if I should shop all of my local dealers. Looks like dealers have flexibility in pricing, but just wanted to check.

Thanks and I look forward to being a productive member of the community.
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Shop around!  You'll find different pricing and different bundles.  The egg is just the tip of the iceberg. You can get discounted eggs at some fests too.  Good luck!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Ask about delivery and set up
  • luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    If you buy a table with it, you'll have to finish the table before using the egg.I got my egg delivered and set up then I found out about finishing the table and I had to take the egg apart so I could finish the table.h
    Had I known that ahead o f time  I would have just picked it up myself and put it together my self and saved the set up and delivery fee. Good luck to you  enjoy .
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    By all means look around. Local dealer told me that the only way they can offer a discount is if they buy a large quantity of them. They bought 4 dozen or so larges. Thought that would get them thru the summer, last we spoke he only had 9 left...They were selling them at a discounted price....the more stuff you bought the bigger the % you saved was.. 
  • NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    Options
    Is that you Wayne?

Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • flhxnick
    flhxnick Posts: 66
    Options
    I have 3 dealers.within a 25 mile.radius and all where selling at same price. I bought from the dealer who gave me.free.delivery. 
    XLBGE in plainview,new york
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    It's funny you should mention pricing. I was at an eggfest this past weekend. I've been interested in a MM for quite a while now. BGE was selling them at the fest. I asked for a price, the guy told me because I was buying at the fest I would be getting an addition 10% discount.

Oh cool!

The retail price on a MM is $599 (I've done research) ... he quoted me $642 - huh?

Seems they 'jacked' the prices up on everything. Needless to say, I passed.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Look for a local eggfest for the best discount 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Shop around.....I checked multiple dealers in my area and found the price difference to be over $250 among them.  And I built my own table and didn't need the nest.  Some dealers would not even sell the Egg by itself without the "package" with the nest, ash tool, etc. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    It's funny you should mention pricing. I was at an eggfest this past weekend. I've been interested in a MM for quite a while now. BGE was selling them at the fest. I asked for a price, the guy told me because I was buying at the fest I would be getting an addition 10% discount.

Oh cool!

The retail price on a MM is $599 (I've done research) ... he quoted me $642 - huh?

Research?

BGE prices are regional.   Cheapest part of the country to buy an Egg would no doubt be Atlanta.  Save yourself $50 and drive on down to that part of the country and pick it up.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Find a dealer you like to goto. They usually will match other prices if legit. Real happy with mine and I already was getting my pool stuff there. I have bought two eggs from them now.  Get cooking

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm curious to see what people are paying. I think I'm getting the go ahead on a Mini Max. Local guy wants $650. He's the cheapest in my area not to mention the only dealer within a 100 miles. I'll probably get it there when I get the green light. I like to support local businesses.

I agree with @mtbguy on finding a dealer you like. Even if you pay a bit more, the friendly customer service will be appreciated if you need to claim something on warranty. My dealer choice is limited due to my location. Maybe an EggHead in your area will chime in on their experiences with dealers in your area.  
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

Oh cool!

are you sure you didn't somehow cross the us/canadian border, that sounds like 10% off for us
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Shop around, look at bundling, but most importantly pick an honest straightforward dealer.

A good dealer will make money on their end and make you a happy customer on your end.

In 1 year my delear has sold the family 4 eggs not to mention all the incidentals.  I always and I mean always search for the best deal.  My last egg I wandered in to ask a few questions and left with an egg.  I know my dealer will be honest (and he knows I'm miserly) so I didn't shop around.  We both were happy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    While Egg Prices are fairly stable across regions, I found 2 things to be true.
    1.  Packages are negotiable.   Buy more?   Get a better overall deal
    2.  Cash is King.   You can negotiate a cash discount against credit card / financing fees.   Store still makes the SAME $$ while you get a lower price.

My store remembers my No Haggle approach and rewards me with small discounts against list even today.   Good Guys who know their stuff.  
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Mine sold at retail price, BUT, I got to apply a percentage of the purchase cost to egg accessories... and you're going to need those!  :plus_one: 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @bigalsworth @SMITTYtheSMOKER ... $599 is the MM pricing in all of SoCal.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    There is a difference in my area. I have 2 dealers less than 5 miles apart.  One of them takes off $100 if you assemble it.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    $50 shouldn't stop anyone from getting something they want, extended research can lead to fear, fear is a paralyzer.  That's my point.  

Buy the Mini Max, its a great little cooker

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    @SoCalTim did you look closely? One might be with no PS, and the other includes it? There is usually a simple reason behind these discrepancies. Good luck. I hope you are able to find the right one and enjoy it. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I have at least 6 dealers within a 30 mile radius to choose from. The only one I found willing to sell below MSRP was a Gold level dealer. Besides the discount, he included a bag of lump, a box of starters, free setup, and free delivery. I will definitely give him all future business. 

Point is that if you have a gold level dealer near you, give them a look. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice. Here in SE Florida, I have numerous gold level dealers nearby. Will do some serious comparison shopping. 

I enjoy assembling things and would prefer to do it myself so that I can familiarize myself with the egg and ensure it is done properly. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Make the trip to Wassi's in Melbourne. Talk to Jan. It will be worth your trip. 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

Oh cool!

Research?

BGE prices are regional.   Cheapest part of the country to buy an Egg would no doubt be Atlanta.  Save yourself $50 and drive on down to that part of the country and pick it up.
    $50?  I would spend more in gas to get there.  

@HofstraJet, sounds like you took the advice and will shop around.  I did and found that my dealer that is really close to me had the best deal and delivered it set up for me at no charge.  I got an XL in a package deal and it was at least $300 cheaper then the other dealers around me.  Like others have said there is something to say for service too.  At some point you will have a warranty claim and you want a good store that you feel will take care of you.  I have had 2 so far; one for my fire box which cracked all the way through and was replaced in about a week and my plate setter that only has a one year warranty on it they told me.  It's is cracked, but has not broke in two yet.  I have a new one waiting when it dose and the dealer told me to use some JB Weld to fix it and I should be able to continue to use it.  Good luck and happy egging.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    I live in a rural area and dealers wouldnt budge on price, but I did get same day delivery and setup included at no extra charge.  I ordered it with a table, so it was nice being on wheels and ready to go when I received it.

Their pricing reasoning was BGE our primarily sold on word of mouth.  They want to be consistent on pricing so everyone gets the same deal.

Like others said with the service aspect though.  The place I bought it from stocks all sizes of eggs and accessories.  They have a good reputation for service.
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Delivery and Set-up included is well worth paying a few extra bucks for some folks. 

And, you need to compare apples to apples - nest?  mates? platesetter?, etc. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Ladeback69 ... The plate setter has a three year warranty.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @Ladeback69 ... The plate setter has a three year warranty.
    I thought so too, but my dealer said one.  It doesn't mater. My current one is not broke yet and I have a back up.  I may still get a AR/Woo2 combo though.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    @Jeepster47 is right.  3 yr warranty on ps. @Ladeback69
  • WTE
    WTE Posts: 19
    Options

I just picked up my MM last Friday for $598, all the local dealers within 60 mile radius (Rockville, MD area) had it for the same price, but the dealer I bought from (and this was my 2nd BGE purchase from them) included the plate setter and gave 10% off the additional accessories I bought for my father in laws' LBGE.

As previously stated above, I've found its the accessories and customer loyalty that will get you the discounts.  Some dealers were offering free assembly fathers day, but that's what hubby is for... 

Good luck and start cooking!

Lynn

Rockville, MD -LBGE, MM, Acorn by Chargriller