Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ring-a-ding MODS!!! The forum is still having issues!!!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
As was reported by many of us this last weekend threads aren't opening and/or take forever. Any chance you can report the issue to Vanilla? Thanks!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I also an having that issue on my cell phone, I'd say 1 in 4 pages to load I have to reload or else it won't load at all.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    There is definitely something different going on?
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    I thought it was just my phone acting up. I keep getting a white screen when clicking on a thread. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • BYS1981
    Options
    I thought it was just my phone acting up. I keep getting a white screen when clicking on a thread. 
    Refresh when that happens and it'll load up. 
  • RRP
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Why shouldn't they fix ]the problem instead? BTW I'm still having the issue on this iMac and on my iPad - no phone involved!
  • BYS1981
    Options
    RRP said:
    BYS1981 said:
    Why shouldn't they fix ]the problem instead? BTW I'm still having the issue on this iMac and on my iPad - no phone involved!
    Hold your horses, I didn't say nor imply the issue shouldn't be fixed, I was providing temporary relief! I want the issue fixed too buddy.
  • RRP
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Hold your horses, I didn't say nor imply the issue shouldn't be fixed, I was providing temporary relief! I want the issue fixed too buddy.
    Fine - you offered a temporary solution for the phone users here - BTW I never snapped at you.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I had IT at work remote into my PC recently thinking I had a virus because of this. Of course they found nothing. Glad to know it's an issue with the site...well...you know what I mean.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • BYS1981
    Options
    It's early and I misread the tone of your post. No harm, no foul. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    im getting the blank reload screens as well but more importantly its loading pics like the old days on dialup on my pc :s
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Same problems here as well on my Mac Desktop.  I just hit reload the page and it seems to work.

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also, sometimes when I'm in the middle of writing a reply, I get a popup that says "There was an error performing your request. Please try again." But I didn't "request" anything. It just happened with this one (happens fairly frequently of late). Doesn't seem to impact anything though.

Mac with Safari Version 8.0.5 (10600.5.17).

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• MrWigan
    MrWigan Posts: 104
    Options
    Temp fix... If you're using internet explorer hit F5 and it'll refresh the screen and usually works instantly.  Not sure about the popup Carolina Q                        

Large BGE, Mini Max

Wigan, UK

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    I had IT at work remote into my PC recently thinking I had a virus because of this. Of course they found nothing. Glad to know it's an issue with the site...well...you know what I mean.
    Hopefully you told IT you were having issues related to work related internet usage (assuming your work is not BGE related)?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Also, sometimes when I'm in the middle of writing a reply, I get a popup that says "There was an error performing your request. Please try again." But I didn't "request" anything. It just happened with this one (happens fairly frequently of late). Doesn't seem to impact anything though.

I have that issue as well, but like you said it doesn't seem to bother anything, but something's not right anyway!
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    LOL @ getting mad on an online forum
  • BYS1981
    Options
    RRP said:

I have that issue as well, but like you said it doesn't seem to bother anything, but something's not right anyway!
    I believe that error is from it not saving a draft of a post. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    RRP said:

I believe that error is from it not saving a draft of a post. 
    Often, I see the error msg at the same time I'm seeing "Draft saved at 12:35PM". =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I can't post anything!  PS - let's fight!
    Options
    mmmm seems that my picture won't load...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited June 2015
    Options

That can't be good...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    Hey Mods:

Just a guess on my part but you may have a load balancer pointing to a dead/inactive web server or a DNS problem. 
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2