Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest 2015- who should I be on the lookout for?

Options
1235»

Comments

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I really enjoyed this week.  I can't believe how it had grown.  I felt for all the cooks who seemed to be in the weeds all day.  But all did a fantastic job getting delicious food out quickly.  I found myself entertaining the group I brought, so didn't get a chance to really introduce myself to anyone.  When I planned on chatting with a few, it was one of those times the lines were just huge.  I like the idea of some sort of forum group social, maybe the night before or something.  It would be a good chance to meet in a more relaxed setting.
    I couldn't agree more .
    this year was less fun as there was no time to talk about egging or the process of the food that was being served .
    i spoke with the Dickson guys today and they were saying last year they had 350 people where this year they had almost 700 
    really it was way to many 
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I really enjoyed this week.  I can't believe how it had grown.  I felt for all the cooks who seemed to be in the weeds all day.  But all did a fantastic job getting delicious food out quickly.  I found myself entertaining the group I brought, so didn't get a chance to really introduce myself to anyone.  When I planned on chatting with a few, it was one of those times the lines were just huge.  I like the idea of some sort of forum group social, maybe the night before or something.  It would be a good chance to meet in a more relaxed setting.
    I couldn't agree more .
    this year was less fun as there was no time to talk about egging or the process of the food that was being served .
    i spoke with the Dickson guys today and they were saying last year they had 350 people where this year they had almost 700 
    really it was way to many 
    Phil, if I remember, your egg was on the back side of your cook station and you had to mostly face away from the attendees while you cooked. My egg was on the front corner of my station and I was able to talk and visit quite a lot during the entire day. It really made it a lot of fun for me!

I still need to make sure that I ask for two eggs next year; especially given the large crowd.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks like it was a great time and good weather. Thanks for posting the pictures Gary.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Indeed Sammi, sorry we missed you.
    canuckland
  • BBQ_Tom
    BBQ_Tom Posts: 7
    Options
    Just a heads up, I created a new account on here to use the same name I have on Instagram and YouTube.  Formerly biggreentom, now BBQ_Tom!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    BBQ_Tom said:
    Just a heads up, I created a new account on here to use the same name I have on Instagram and YouTube.  Formerly biggreentom, now BBQ_Tom!
    We're going to miss @biggreentom:)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.