Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest 2015- who should I be on the lookout for?

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    btw, this is for @THEBuckeye ;)

canuckland
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    btw, this is for @THEBuckeye ;)

LMAO!!!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Oh, any idea who won the wing comp? 
    They never got to it. There were approximately 200+ walk ins that consumed all of the staff. They were crazy busy. 
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I am sure I would have won though
    Toronto
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Cannaghead Holy snappin man.  Great job

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Oh, any idea who won the wing comp? 
    They ended up not having it.

Great pics @Canugghead (Gary).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Love the pics @Canugghead.
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • leeman13
    leeman13 Posts: 30
    Options
    It was my first EggFest and was awesome, except for the parking ticket!  Disappointed I didn't get to the cinnamon buns by @pantsypants but your other items were great! :)
    -lee.
    LBGE in Waterloo, ON
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    Nice work with the photos @Canugghead, hope to see youall again at the Niagara fest.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    leeman13 said:
    It was my first EggFest and was awesome, except for the parking ticket!  Disappointed I didn't get to the cinnamon buns by @pantsypants but your other items were great! :)
    thanks ! also great meeting you
    Toronto
  • Canugghead
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bweekes said:
    @TexanOfTheNorth hey no worries pal. I was busy keeping that other half out of the store.  As always a fail.  Great peach cobbler once again!  @Little Steven I thought I heard you ask me to flip some skewers at one point but sorry my eyes were elsewhere...
    I must admit, the arrival of the guests for the "other" adjacent event had my eyes wandering on occasion as well. 
    Little Steven was oogling at from the back corner of the fest venue, I would have turned my camera and switched to video mode, duh  :)

canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Gary, my cook station was along that fence last year. At times, it became very difficult to keep an eye on my egg/cooking! Funny thing, earlier that morning (this year) a large group of seasoned citizens were walking away from the pool bar entrance. I thought maybe the whole make-up of the venue had changed to something less provocative.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Yup, I remember the two greeters at the next door event last year!
    canuckland
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Nice pictures @Canugghead didn't officially meet you, will do next time!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Canugghead
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    I think name tags or duct tape with your Handle on it would be a good idea for the next EggFest :blush: 
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Canugghead
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Agree on the name tags, or an apron like John's, love it!

canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Those aprons don't come cheap!

Wow, great pics  @Canugghead.  Thanks so much for taking them. 

This was my first Eggfest ever and we had such a great time.  I was in tent 11 making the bacon ranch pizzas.  Would love to connect with other Egheads, especially from the west-end as I live in Milton.

Can't wait for next year!

BBQ Tom on most social media - Instagram - YouTube
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @biggreentom , I was next door at station 10. Didn't get to try your pizza until right at the end. Both Karen and I thought it was fantastic!!

If one of our local eggers had a big enough place with multiple eggs it would be fun to have an "unofficial" get-together later in the summer!

TexanOfTheNorth.  I wish I had gotten a chance to try some of your shot glass sliders.  They looked amazing!  Everything you guys were making did.

I love the idea of an "unofficial" get-together.  My yard is big enough for a good amount of people but we only have the one egg.  It is an XL though.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Tom, your pizza was great, sorry I didn't get a pic. 
    Please visit 'Eggheads Everywhere' thread and register with your postal code (first three digits would suffice). It's a great tool to locate eggheads, thanks to @tkleager
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166509/where-is-everyone/p31
    canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    TexanOfTheNorth.  I wish I had gotten a chance to try some of your shot glass sliders.  They looked amazing!  Everything you guys were making did.

I love the idea of an "unofficial" get-together.  My yard is big enough for a good amount of people but we only have the one egg.  It is an XL though.
    Those shot glass sliders were Mike and Anka's - @RGBHV ... they seemed to be a big it. I was sorry that I didn't get a chance to try one.

We need someone with 1/2 dozen or more eggs to have a "proper" get-together.
    Options

Those shot glass sliders were Mike and Anka's - @RGBHV ... they seemed to be a big it. I was sorry that I didn't get a chance to try one.

Coyotes

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• biggreentom
    Options

Ahhh, So you were their tent-mate? 

I heard that they make trailer hitch attachments for the large eggs.  Maybe some people would want to bring their own??? ;)

• TexanOfTheNorth
    edited June 2015
    Options

Coyotes
    Should have asked about coyote instead of moose! Probably going to need to do something with a braise. 
    Welcome to the forum Tom, your pizza was great, sorry I didn't get a pic. 
    Please visit 'Eggheads Everywhere' thread and register with your postal code (first three digits would suffice). It's a great tool to locate eggheads, thanks to @tkleager
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166509/where-is-everyone/p31

Done!  I posted your image of my team/tent mates on Instagram.  Are you on IG so I can tag you and give you photo credit? 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Thanks Tom, I visit FB occasionally, but not on instagram nor twitter.
    canuckland
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    I really enjoyed this week.  I can't believe how it had grown.  I felt for all the cooks who seemed to be in the weeds all day.  But all did a fantastic job getting delicious food out quickly.  I found myself entertaining the group I brought, so didn't get a chance to really introduce myself to anyone.  When I planned on chatting with a few, it was one of those times the lines were just huge.  I like the idea of some sort of forum group social, maybe the night before or something.  It would be a good chance to meet in a more relaxed setting.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario