Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Next Egg

Options
jwirlwind
jwirlwind Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been an Egger for several years now. Thinking about getting another one. I have a large and might get a smaller. Which would make the best second Egg. [p]Chef Jerry

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    As a Chef, what are you looking for in capabilities? What will you be using your second egg for mostly?
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Maple Egg
    Maple Egg Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi,

Same situation. Ive looked at both the medium and small. For me, I'm thinking the small would be great for steaks (TRex style) but I keep going back to the medium for flexability. I'm pretty much decided on the medium. I think it will compliment the large for veggies, bread, and other side dishes when I cook.

Not to slander the small but, as a larger egger for 3 years, I think size matters! LOL LOL
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Probably for small cooks like steak, or single chicken.[p]Jerry

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Jwirlwind,[p]It only took 6 months after the first egg before my complaints to the spouse finally registered about how she kept changing the menu and that things cooked at different temps and times and she told me to get a second egg. I wanted the small to do the sides. She said, "no way the mommy egg is going to be smaller than the daddy egg - get another large." We finally compromised on a medium. Left on my own, I still would have gotten a small as the second egg.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    I love my small, and could not do without it. But I think the medium will give you more flexibility. It is small enough to move around, but big enough for most other cooks....even briskets and larger cuts. And the grate is close enough to the coals to get a real nice sear. [p]Again, the small is great too. A little more fuel efficient, a great searing machine, and even more easily portable.[p]I'd get the medium if I had to choose one.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    How portable is the medium. Would it it be easy to move for tailgating. I've already got an XL so I've got plenty of room. I would occassional make side dishes on small, but I probabably would use it when cooking for 2 at home. Tailgating, I'd be cooking for for a bunch of drunk Bengal fans.
  • Jackbythesea
    Options
    Haggis,
    You may have read my post Saturday. I've had my LRG for a year and got a Small this weekend! Wish me luck...
    JR