Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest 2015- who should I be on the lookout for?

Options

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Sorry @gabriegger , forgot to mention seeing you there! Sorry you weren't able to cook, and, missed seeing your better half.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks like a great time in Toronto yesterday!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Great meeting everyone! The bacon banana bread and BBQ paella were my favorites! 
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Had i great time at the eggfest food was great so was the weather
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Enjoyed meeting and chatting with you @cook861.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Great to see everybody again and meet Dawn and Bear. Disappointed I ended up cooking a good portion of my own stuff. Totally getting rusty at conning anybody into that part of it. Thanks for the couple of rounds you did Gary.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Why did people get parking tickets?  Was the gate open and no attendant when you arrived in the morning?
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    YYZegger said:
    Why did people get parking tickets?  Was the gate open and no attendant when you arrived in the morning?
    Basically, yes, that's what happened. I was also told that some people paid to park but did not get anything to put in the car to show that they had paid. Apparently some of these people also got parking tickets.
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth hey no worries pal. I was busy keeping that other half out of the store.  As always a fail.  Great peach cobbler once again!  @Little Steven I thought I heard you ask me to flip some skewers at one point but sorry my eyes were elsewhere...

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth hey no worries pal. I was busy keeping that other half out of the store.  As always a fail.  Great peach cobbler once again!  @Little Steven I thought I heard you ask me to flip some skewers at one point but sorry my eyes were elsewhere...
    I must admit, the arrival of the guests for the "other" adjacent event had my eyes wandering on occasion as well. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    @bweekes yes the panoramic view of the city and cruise ships were amazing :o

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Not to mention the way the needle of the CN Tower made an appearance once the cloud cover was gone.
    Options
    Not to mention the way the needle of the CN Tower made an appearance once the cloud cover was gone.
    I thought I heard someone say "oh look at that needle!"

• Little Steven
    Options
    I don't know if you all heard but there was some famous DJ at the club to the south. Hence the Lamborghinis and Ferraris. I think they were trying to pay for the Gardiner.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    I don't know if you all heard but there was some famous DJ at the club to the south. Hence the Lamborghinis and Ferraris. I think they were trying to pay for the Gardiner.
    Maybe @Canugghead jumped in one and took off as he's been pretty quiet.  Either that or he's in the basement processing all that film he shot.  Holy shutterbug Batman!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Maybe @Canugghead jumped in one and took off as he's been pretty quiet.  Either that or he's in the basement processing all that film he shot.  Holy shutterbug Batman!
    be patient, lo and slo is the key!
    canuckland
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    Many thanks to all whom cooked and helped out, outstanding job. The wife and I had a good time stuffing our faces with all the tasty groceries. Great to have the chance to meet some of the forum peeps. We came away with a FlameBoss and a few good ideas to try out. Couldn't ask for better weather to boot.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    BearQ said:
    Many thanks to all whom cooked and helped out, outstanding job. The wife and I had a good time stuffing our faces with all the tasty groceries. Great to have the chance to meet some of the forum peeps. We came away with a FlameBoss and a few good ideas to try out. Couldn't ask for better weather to boot.

How long did the boys last on the way home?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I saw thongs!! 
  • bweekes
    Options
    I saw thongs!! 
    ...Craig means, uhhhhhhh... tongs. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I saw thongs!! 
    That's funny.  I would have bet you saw a wet t-shirt contest.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bweekes
    Options
    I saw thongs!! 
    No but in all seriousness, that was the most some of them were wearing. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Big_Green_Craig
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sorry, I meant thongs, eh!    ;)
  • bweekes
    Options
    Sorry, I meant thongs, eh!    ;)
    Nice - couple days in TO and you're already talking like us! 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Since everyone did such a good writeup job, I'll just go straight to some photos from yesterday.  I tried to post food pic after the team that cooked it, of course I missed many teams and delicious dishes.

Bacon Cinnamon buns

Cajun lamb jambalaya

Bacon banana loaves

Brisket sliders

Lineup for the above

pork belly

homemade jam and bread baked in BGE

Marc, Mr. Cluck and Squeal

pork belly

ribeyes

Burgers in bacon shell

Nice T-shirt

mango chicken

Thanks Little Steven for letting me get the cooking bugs out of me, also for giving me some uncooked satay to take home.

Little Steven's Indonesian satay

I wonder how it turned out, forgot about it!

Mr. KAB

@BigGreenCraig demo'ing for a captive audience. Nice meeting you!

Jack9 BBQ, these guys were cooking machines!

whole lamb leg

short ribs

turkey drumsticks

sinful desserts

These folks market some nice wine barrels chips/chunks

chicken with hint of oak and wine, really nice!

Great to see few teams with future eggheads!

someone decided to burn off the grease, hope the gaskets survived!

The clown lady has been entertaining the kids since Year 1.

canuckland
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Fantastic photos
  • bweekes
    Options
    Thanks @Canugghead! I knew you'd do it up right! Already looking forward to next year. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • bweekes
    Options
    Oh, any idea who won the wing comp? 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Amazing work Garry 
    Toronto