Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick country ribs?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a couple of country style ribs I need to cook. They've been in a marinade since this weekend (they were leftover from a bunch I used to make kebabs with this weekend). Tonight will probably be the only time I'll have to cook them. I usually do them slow n low, like regular ribs. I don't know if I'll hav enough time to do that. Have any of you ever tried cooking them like a steak? I'm sure they're thick enough, but is the meat the right consistency?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Howdy! Probably too late for your dinner....but the lean loin kind of country ribs can be cooked like chops..hot and fast. But the fatty shoulder kind (which we see a lot of around here) benefit from the slower cooks. Amazing the variety of "country ribs" we see 'round here.
    What did you end up doing??
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]They were the fatty kind, and I tried to grill them. I did them much longer than I usually do steak (let them dwell for about ten minutes after a 2-3 minute sear on each side), but even that didn't help much. They're edible, but not very good (too much internal fat). But I won't let them go to waste - they'll make my dog very happy! :)