Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pelican coolers deal a day at Home Depot

Options

Comments

• walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    I had a Pelican rep tell me they would never put their coolers in any big box store.  Oh well, glad I got out of the Pelican business.  Those prices do look pretty good compared to what I had to sell mine for.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    They are on the shelf at my local HD this year. Many Costco have them as well.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I'm confused.  Home Depot list the Pelican 45 at 28 lbs, but, the Pelican site says it's 35.95 lbs?

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Cheaper, box store version? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I've seen them at WalMart here in GA....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I have seen pelican at walmart alot, and they are always at our Sams.

XLBGE 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I'm hoping one is actual weight and the other is shipping weight.  But, 8 lbs of packing material??  Will check it out over lunch.  Walmart @ Marietta says they have it in the store.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    I'm hoping one is actual weight and the other is shipping weight.  But, 8 lbs of packing material?? 
    There are knuckleheads in every shipping department! LOL

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    I'm hoping one is actual weight and the other is shipping weight.  But, 8 lbs of packing material??  Will check it out over lunch.  Walmart @ Marietta says they have it in the store.
    Can't say for sure, but I do remember the box my 65qt came it was extremely heavy duty and also had a decent amount of foam protecting the cooler.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Pretty decent "sale" prices. Got the 45qt Elite Marine for less regular priced at Sam's Club. & Saw the 65qt and 150qt at Wally World for less than their sale price. 
    Absolutely love mine!!! Over 90℉ plus in direct sunlight and it held ice 6-7 days. I have around 45 assorted bottled beverages in it as we speak and their icy cold goodness will be tapped today...that is unless HuskerMaMa has already started without me :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    https://youtu.be/wDOJQpA2W1o

Is it me or do ya feel sorry this furry fellow couldn't get at least a courtesy brew for his effort? :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    That's a little juvenile grizzly @NPHuskerFL ! I wonder what a bad boy like Yellowstone's Scarface would do to it. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    It would be aight @DoubleEgger :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options
    I just became a dealer for Pelican.  Your pricing depends on how much you buy.  I can pretty easily match the Walmart prices.  I bought coolers, luggage, rifle cases, small cases, flashlights.  They have great products

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    ccpoulin1 said:
    I just became a dealer for Pelican.  Your pricing depends on how much you buy.  I can pretty easily match the Walmart prices.  I bought coolers, luggage, rifle cases, small cases, flashlights.  They have great products
    Ok, where are you?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mi kak is to smul
    Options
    Who has gotten a 65 qt. cooler? What are the interior dimensions. Will the lg foil pans fit inside?
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Who has gotten a 65 qt. cooler? What are the interior dimensions. Will the lg foil pans fit inside?
    No idea on the dimensions, but I look at those a every time I go to Costco.  I would say no way with the large foil pans, it's too narrow.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Here ya go. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=65+quart+Pelican+cooler+inside+dimensions

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yes, though they "hang" on the lip just underneath the lid, not sit on the floor of the cooler:

However, that won't support much, as the weight of the food will cause the foil pan to buckle. So, use a steam table pan, and then you can place the foil pan in that.

You can fit two half size pans side by side on the floor:

Hope that helps separate you from your money :smiley: I like mine.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was hoping to get away with a 65qt. Now just need to part with the money.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    That's exactly what I did @DMW using my 45 Elite. It also fit a decent size pan and I was able to comfortably shut the lid and there were beverages below the shallow pan. This pick was just the serving platter but, the lid would also close on this without touching the product. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • ccpoulin1
    Options
    Legume Posts: 2,217
    ccpoulin1 said:
    Ok, where are you?

South Florida

• ccpoulin1
    Options
    pescadorzih Posts: 362

Interior dimensions: 26.5 x 12.0 x 12.5