Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which dizzy pig rub?

Options
Eggonthebrain
Eggonthebrain Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first post to the forum, although I have been lurking around for several months absorbing all the wisdom of this forum. Which Dizzy pig rub would you recommend for a spatched chicken with a lump of cherry wood? Thanks in advance for all the help - Eggonthebrain

Comments

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,
    I would use ragin' river or the all purpose regular.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,
    i like tsunami spin on chicken, but the cowlick would be good too, come to think of it, i would use any of the dizzy rubs on chicken

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,
    Probably any of them, but I really like tsunami spin on chicken. Put it on heavy and let it marinate in the fridge a couple hours or so. -RP

• Eggonthebrain
    Options
    jake42,[p]It sounds like any one of them will work out. Right now I am leaning towards Tsunami spin, Dizzy Dust or Raging River. I got in my shipment of all the different dizzy pig rubs and I am so confused my head is spinning - - wait that just might be the vodka tonics. Any way thanks for all the input.[p]Matt
  • JQuinn
    JQuinn Posts: 44
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,
    Hey I called up to natureboy and ordered there sample packets. You get all of the rubs and 2 other they are trying out for $8.00.
    I used coelick on steak and tsunamispin and the new one shake the tree on shrimp. Yum to all Not sure what to use on chicken. JQ

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,
    I buy legs and thighs then sample all of the Dizzy Rubs on the pieces! I still couldn't tell you my fav... but I can tell you this,[p] It says Dizzy Pig on the bottle! Try a little Franks Red Hot sauce on them with your choice of Rub... It's the "Bomb"!

• Socially Challenged
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,[p]Get out and try a mix of DP. Be adventurous son! The Egg may have been a big move but your taste buds are in for a wild ride over the next few years. Stop lurking and come into the Light of the Cult!

• SuperDave,
    have you tried soaking it in franks the dusting w/dizzy? That's my next trick :O)[p]~Arlene~[p]

• Gene
    Gene Posts: 99
    Options
    Eggonthebrain,
    Why not try a different one on each piece of Chicken.