Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest 2015 ... here we go !!

Options
2»

Comments

• YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    A friend of mine has a PO box that I could probably send it too, good idea @bweekes!

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    YYZegger said:
    A friend of mine has a PO box that I could probably send it too, good idea @bweekes!

NP. Now we just need to fix the terrible exchange rate. Let's go oil prices!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Yea definitely no CGS stuff there, but KABs and smokeware caps will be a plenty I suspect. Wouldn't mind picking up a Eggfest edition smokeware cap, especially given that mine has ceased up almost completely. 
    I think @RRP has a technique where he sprays it with oven cleaner and leaves in a plastic bag for 24-48 hours.  I believe the build up comes off much easier then.  This technique works best if you have the gasket mounted to the egg, not the inside of the cap 

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I'm working on my class/demo. I like to do something people want to see. Is there anything you guys want to see or maybe something that you aren't 100% sure how to do? 
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    BigWader said:
    bweekes said:
    Yea definitely no CGS stuff there, but KABs and smokeware caps will be a plenty I suspect. Wouldn't mind picking up a Eggfest edition smokeware cap, especially given that mine has ceased up almost completely. 
    I think @RRP has a technique where he sprays it with oven cleaner and leaves in a plastic bag for 24-48 hours.  I believe the build up comes off much easier then.  This technique works best if you have the gasket mounted to the egg, not the inside of the cap 
    Good call. I'll try that. I do, however have the gasket mounted to the inside of the cap. But i'm sure I can still get some buildup off with oven cleaner. Thanks again!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I'm working on my class/demo. I like to do something people want to see. Is there anything you guys want to see or maybe something that you aren't 100% sure how to do? 

Moose steaks.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options

Moose steaks.
    Moose is a little gamey tasting in my opinion. I'd marinate it in a soy/Worcestershire/beer mixture. Then grill it hot. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I did 70 lbs. of pork tenderloin last night. Cleaned and trimmed, cut each one into 12 or 13 pieces, pounded out thin and put in marinade. Make peanut cashew sauce tonight and skewer on Friday. These things are a lot of work. Anyone know the deal on the wing throwdown? Quantity, presentation, sauce etc.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    edited June 2015
    Options
    " For the "COOKS" who would like to participate, we'll be having a Wing King Showdown judged by none other than Big Green Craig, where each COOK will turn in their BEST chicken wing to be judged on.  It will be rated for taste, tenderness, and doneness, and the winner will take home something awesome "

Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I did 70 lbs. of pork tenderloin last night. Cleaned and trimmed, cut each one into 12 or 13 pieces, pounded out thin and put in marinade. Make peanut cashew sauce tonight and skewer on Friday. These things are a lot of work. Anyone know the deal on the wing throwdown? Quantity, presentation, sauce etc.
    I had heard you weren't going to cook this year?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Moose steaks.
    Hoser!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    " For the "COOKS" who would like to participate, we'll be having a Wing King Showdown judged by none other than Big Green Craig, where each COOK will turn in their BEST chicken wing to be judged on.  It will be rated for taste, tenderness, and doneness, and the winner will take home something awesome "

I'll be looking for crispy skin, tender & juicy chicken and over all taste. Flavor profile is up to you. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I had heard you weren't going to cook this year?

I wasn't. Got buffaloed in

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Guess it's too late to sign up to cook, never mind  :o
    canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Gary, you're welcome to lend a hand at my station if the bug bites you!
    Options
    Gary, you're welcome to lend a hand at my station if the bug bites you!
    Congrats on the little one!  Haha, guess it'll be easier to help at your station than skewering 70 lbs of Indonesian satay for Little Steven!
    canuckland
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    Apparently Dicksons will have the Flame Boss 200 for sale, 1st time available in Canada. I'm curios as to where they will price it. 
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • YYZegger
    Options
    What time are you doing your demo on Saturday?
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • YYZegger
    Options
    Went online just now to purchase a ticket for the BGE Fest tomorrow in Toronto, advertised at $40 per ticket online purchase, now $45 at the door only.  They closed the online purchasing.....  Less merchandise to buy now I guess....
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    $40 online sale closed at midnight.  Got mine at early bird price $35.  C'mon @YYZegger what's extra $5, just cut back on 1 beer  ;)
    canuckland
  • YYZegger
    Options
    @Canugghead Oh I'm still going, but just a little annoyed I didn't purchase it earlier.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Why don't you do some with the hottest peppers and sauce you can find, inject the hell out of them.