Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

we joined the YETI Rambler club today

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
As a side benefit we will be pitching most of our old worthless insulated plastic tumblers!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    I got one last weekend. I love it! I tested it out while running some errands. Ice lasted pretty much all day, although I never refilled with room temp water, always was chilled or iced. However, even when leaving it in the hot car for over an hour, it didn't appear much ice melted. Aside from possibly the Hydroflask, this thing works better than anything else I've used! You'll love it!
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Great purchase. 
    McKinney, TX
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I got one last week as well. It's amazing!!! The thing has been pretty much full since the second I got it. I haven't tried it with hot beverages yet, but with cold it works as advertised. I left it full of ice water in a hot car on an 85 degree day, went to see a movie, and there was almost no meltage at all when we got back to the car. 

Enjoy!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Love mine, great product. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Congrats! Enjoy them. I always wondered what they'd be like. Maybe one day. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    Options
    Love mine as well. I have had the ice last over 24hrs, not saying huge pieces but little pieces of ice floating around. The water was still cold though! It is the best $30 that I have spent in a long time. Their colster works well too.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I got a 30 and a 20. I will get two more. These are the best drink holders, ever. I just look forward to the day the make a wine chiller.
    Congratulations! You will enjoy them for years to come!!!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I've got two of the 20's I love them.  My only complaint is that I wish I had 4 more
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • BigWings
    BigWings Posts: 172
    Options
    I love mine, it holds a pint of beer easily, or two cans of domestic slop no problem.    Great for the hot tub!

New Brunswick, Canada

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @RRP will they fit in the Vette's cupholders? Wait, you don't drive the Vette any more. How about just sell me the Vette?
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Have had incredible results with Hydro Flask insulated cups as well.

Their beer growler type things (32 oz, 40 oz, 64 oz) have a pressure release built into the lid.  You can pour draft beer in there or dump out a bottle and it'll be cold and crispy when you drink it hours later.  Crazy...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Are they good at keeping things warm as well?  I may have to invest in a couple of these if they are.  I have no need for the Yeti cooler right now.  I don't need to keep ice in a cooler for more then a day at home.  We don't do any camping or major long trips that justify one yet, they do seem to be the top dog in ice chest though.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Mine arrived yesterday and I've not been home to use it yet.  My first Yeti!  My budget will most likely limit me to Yeti drinkware.  
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Are they good at keeping things warm as well?  I may have to invest in a couple of these if they are.  I have no need for the Yeti cooler right now.  I don't need to keep ice in a cooler for more then a day at home.  We don't do any camping or major long trips that justify one yet, they do seem to be the top dog in ice chest though.
    i put two tea bags in the 30 in the morning, you need to pour it into a cup for the first 3 hours as its too hot to drink from the 30, 3 hours more and its more warm than hot but still drinkable
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it