Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Anniversary Dinner

Options
Hello! I am in search of a restaurant to take my wife to for our 3rd Anniversary. In or near Atlanta I always have a hard time, because I like my cooking better than most restaurants, but I do have to take my wife out this time, especially since she just bought me a Minimax! Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Lawrenceville, GA   XL Big Green Egg, Minimax, Flameboss, Maverick

Comments

• RiverRatSkier
    Options
    I like the Varsity.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Can you narrow it down a bit? You looking for romantic or a particular type of cuisine? I'll try to make recommendations based on places that do things you probably can't, or won't bother, doing on your egg.

Italian spots that are great for anniversaries - Sotto Sotto (an Atlanta institution) and La Tavola (small joint but wonderful food and great atmosphere in the Highlands)

Decatur has a number of incredible restaurants, I'm partial to No. 246 but it is loud and most of the Decatur spots are trending more to hipster crowd than you may like. Kimball House is amazing but no reservations and a very long wait make for a frustrating evening. Cakes and Ale is another very popular spot there.

Ford Fry restaurants - some of my absolute favorite spots are this guy's restaurants, JCT Kitchen is a landmark Atlanta restaurant IMO; The Optimist - great seafood, killer oyster program; King & Duke is another incredible restaurant that I would highly recommend

4th & Swift has reliably churned out incredible food and has a great atmosphere for an anniversary.

If tapas are your thing I would recommend two spots on a weekend, Eclipse di Luna (Miami Circle location) another Atlanta landmark, great food, very lively atmosphere and Barcelona Wine Bar, great tapas and again very lively atmosphere.

I normally wouldn't recommend Mexican for an anniversary but if you are willing to venture downtown, Alma Cocina is a high end mexican spot that has a great vibe to it. Incredible food and a huge tequila selection.

Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Seems obvious to cook dinner from the MM. The gift that keeps on giving.