Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers, Brats and Appitizers on the Mini-max

Options

I thought I would try out my new cooking set-up in my mini-max. I put on 12 bacon wrapped potatoes, 4 brats and 2 burgers. I still had room if I had more food if needed. The mini-max can definitely handle a cook for 4 people.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There is a fine looking, awesome cook! Love the bacon wrapped potatoes. What kind of potatoes are they?
    Was this a meal for four? Something that good looking, I think I could slam by myself.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That's impressive.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    That looks great. I'm also curious as to what kind of potatoes, gonna have to try this. Great cook
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    There is a fine looking, awesome cook! Love the bacon wrapped potatoes. What kind of potatoes are they?
    Was this a meal for four? Something that good looking, I think I could slam by myself.

It was a meal for 1 with some left-overs but yes, 1 burger, 1 brat and 6 appetizers. I was going to do another brat but I had to stop.

The potatoes are called white delights. My grocery store has 3 different kinds of mini potatoes and these are my favorite. Very sweet. I put a dozen in the microwave for 3 minutes then wrapped in bacon and tossed in hot wing sauce.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    YukonRon said:

It was a meal for 1 with some left-overs but yes, 1 burger, 1 brat and 6 appetizers. I was going to do another brat but I had to stop.

The potatoes are called white delights. My grocery store has 3 different kinds of mini potatoes and these are my favorite. Very sweet. I put a dozen in the microwave for 3 minutes then wrapped in bacon and tossed in hot wing sauce.

I am going to try that. I will try to find those potatoes, and bacon them up!
    thank you for the information.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, what size grid did you use for the 2nd tier?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    DMW said:
    Looks great, what size grid did you use for the 2nd tier?

Thanks

The 2nd tier is the BGE grid. The lower is a cheap Ø13.5" weber replacement grate.

Here is more info on making everything

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182373/mini-maxed-home-made-multi-level-grilling#latest

Big Lake, Minnesota

• bradinbainbridge
    Options
    Bacon wrapped dates on the egg are great too.  Change of pace and you don't have to pre-cook the dates