Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game of thrones....

Options
2»

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Acn said:
    The Sansa scenes were nothing compared to tonight.

No doubt!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Yeah.... they were pushing it there. However I think that's to further a plot point as opposed to gratuatus sexual assault as it was in Sansa's case. IMHO it was planting a seed in Arias mind. 
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    I'm 3 episodes into this season....all tonight.  What a show!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options

Not to be insensitive (I read that somewhere, recently) . . .

These last two or three episodes, despite Sen. McCaskill's headline-seeking over-reaction, haven't presented much more - in terms of violence, sexual aberration, and generally despicable behavior than at any other time in the FIVE SEASONS of this series.

To become horrified now, after five years of this, smacks of disingenuousness.

People now horrified over Sansa's wedding night and tonight's overly-picky john were NOT horrified by:

>An incestuous couple's attempt to murder a young boy?

>A boy king forcing one whore to beat another whore at the point of a crossbow?

>Countless beheadings, beginning in the very first episode?

>Countless rapes and displays of prostitution, throughout?

>The Red Wedding's graphic depictions of murder were inoffensive?

>Theon's castration - no problem?

>Innumerable depictions of death by beheading, impalement, flaying, immolation, et al?

ReallyNothing offended those tender sensibilities until two weeks ago?

Wasn't all of that "gratuitous"?

Five years in, everyone knows this is no Lewis Carroll presentation.

No surprises = no outrage.

JMO, of course. 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Last week's uproar reminded me of going to see "Gone Girl" with my wife.  Nobody blinked an eye when the woman lured the guy in and slit his throat, but when Affleck pushed her against the wall, the audience lost its mind (I think there were one or two other guys in the theater).

I think it's relative to what we think might happen to us or someone we know.  My wife is highly confident no king's going to behead her, so that's easy to dismiss, but a variety of types of abuse do happen every day.
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited June 2015
    Options
    All that aside, they've really been ramping up the closing scenes the last couple of weeks.  Next week should be great.
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LDR said:
    . . . I think it's relative to what we think might happen to us or someone we know.  My wife is highly confident no king's going to behead her, so that's easy to dismiss, but a variety of types of abuse do happen every day.

That's certainly a good point, @LDR , though I'm still not entirely convinced that some of the hysteria isn't a bit over-the-top and that the outrage isn't somewhat selective.

Ah, well.