Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why BGE discontinued the 3 green feet

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
Yesterday at the Peoria Eggfest I asked the BGE distributor's rep why the feet were discontinued. He spun his reply as to be a silent service to customers. He said since the flat part of the feet wasn't thick enough a stepping stone or such barrier was still needed to protect a wooden table from fire. That does make sense now and the metal stand is much taller so a stone base is no longer needed.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Interesting. I still have the 3 ceramic feet that came with my egg. Before I got the AR, I used them to lift the drip pan off of the platesetter (worked great for that) - couldn't really find another use for them? 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Interesting. I still have the 3 ceramic feet that came with my egg. Before I got the AR, I used them to lift the drip pan off of the platesetter (worked great for that) - couldn't really find another use for them? 
    Lift pizza stone
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I like the ceramic feet myself. As others have already said above, I use them inside of the egg more than anything else. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mine are slowly, but surely disintegrating. They have been out in the weather for 5+ years and are starting to crumble. Big chunks of green... gone! They still hold up my mini though.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    I use to use mine under the mini but now inside the large.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    They need to rename them "pizza feet" and re-continue them!  :angry: 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    I use mine to hold up my  medium
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That AND they didn't have enough points of contact for such a heavy base. That is why they didn't ship with the XL.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    I tossed mine the day I got my egg and out it in a nest. Kinda wish I kept them. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I tossed mine the day I got my egg and out it in a nest. Kinda wish I kept them. 
    Too bad - they sell for $30 on eBay!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.