Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quesadillas & Corn Bread

Options
Monty77
Monty77 Posts: 667
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
I haven't made quesadillas for a while now and a recent post prompted me to make some up!  These were made with marinated Buffalo Chicken breasts, sun dried tomatoes, sharp Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, fresh cilantro, and a squirt of lime juice.  I tried the first one with two flour tortillas and basted each side up with garlic spread and Parmesan cheese.  Cooked for about 3 minutes per side at 500* indirect with a pizza stone and parchment paper to help with sticking. 

The second attempt was a folded over version, same toppings and garlic spread.  This one may have had a little more generous helping of cheese, but that never hurt anybody...

Both turned out really good so I plated with a fresh Caesar salad and sour cream and salsa for dipping. 

I then turned my efforts towards my favourite, BGE Corn Bread.  I use a secret recipe given to me by a professional baker friend of mine and it never disappoints.  I mix the ingredients, after one portion has soaked for 30 minutes, I mix them all together, and add to my greased tins.  Today I used EVOO for the greasing as I enjoy the way it gives a little crunch to the outer coating.  Cooked for 22 minutes at 350* and removed when they passed the tooth pick test.  Let them sit for 2 minutes in the pan, then removed them onto a cooling rack for a few more minutes. 

You may have already noticed that one did not make the final pic, I can only say that I have a weakness for fresh warm bread.  LOL

Another solid weekend around the house with the Egg going since Friday night! I love this time of year. 

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments