Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stable at 250℉ with Oak So Why Not

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
3# Chucky with extremely  lite coarse kosher salt & @EggObsessed  "It's My Rub".

On the LBGE it goes. See y'all tomorrow morning. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    I'll be waiting to see this! I've not tried one yet but I'm very interested
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Man, I can't wait for the results of this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Never done one this way. Have one in the freezer though. Was gonna make chili out of it, but...............

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I agree brother Husker, why not while the egg is hot. Will be standing by for the finale. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Good Morning Eggheads!  Happy Sunday to Y'all.

Chucky IT 165℉

Wrapping in a foil pan with some red table wine for flavor and moisture. The last few Chucky's I've sliced so I'm gonna pull this one to mix it up. 

I'll post more later. Enjoy your Sunday. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I am going to try pulled beef really soon. This post is motivation for me to get in gear. Looks great. Are you making sammies with the pulled beef? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @GATABITES Yes Sir Gator I believe we'll roll with pulled beef sammies along with some sides and dessert off the MM :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Oh yeah. Love pulled beef. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Not quite the view you have my friend but checking on a brisket 7 hours in. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Scottborasjr I like your view. Beautiful plush lawn :sunglasses: Enjoy the brisky ride my friend. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Not to derail but here's the progress
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lookin good @Scottborasjr Why the FP (food probe) in the point and flat?  I normally only do one in the thickest part of the flat but, did two a couple of times in a butt and once in a brisky just for fun a comparison.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Just for fun really. Kids had a sleepover last night and this is our science project for the evening/day. Why does the same piece of meat cook differently? I might not get to the science part but they are having fun. Getting ready to start the small up for "grilled" bacon which is my guests favorite.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @ScottborasjrThe point will always be hotter in the end. I believe primarily due to the rich marbled fat (yum!). Slicing it all....or burnt ends?  I haven't made burnt ends in about....a decade. I should probably do that again sometime. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Good morning Blake. Looking great as usual. Ive done a couple chuckies and was disappointed. Came out dry. Now I throw them in the dutch oven with some broth after searing first and get a nice pot roast. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Smoking a brisket enjoying my yard right now as well!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • EggHead_Bubba
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL... Thread title says stable with oak. Are you saying you are doing this cook with oak and not lump? Can't wait to see how that chuck turns out. This has been on my list recently and haven't done it yet.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Pulled beef sammiches is one of my favorite things off the Egg.  I put it in a pan with Allegro Hot and finish.
    You and your fam are in for some good eats today Blake!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @EggHead_Bubba RW lump. Pit stable 250℉ with oak for smoke
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Burnt end sandwiches are my undoing. I typically drop 4-7 pounds in between brisket cooks. Don't know how you've cooked brisket without making them Blake!! Oh wait yeah I do it's delicious regardless.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Waiting for the final outcome on this one Blake.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options

Mine just got wrapped!!! How you coming?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy Mine's done but, still in the egg just to stay moist and warm in the covered foil pan until we're ready to pull & make Sammies. Doing some LED landscaping lights and potting some herbs right now. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Hey, Blake, so glad you tried our "It's My Rub!".  Let us know how you liked it. So nice meeting you in Georgia!!

Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @EggObsessed You too Kelley (& Bruce :smile: ) Hopefully we'll see y'all there next year. And I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to order more (we like it :wink: ). 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Got a couple chuckies running on white oak as well. Gonna slice and make sandwiches.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Plated 

2nd helping. Sorry but, after that the plating prettiness went out the window. :lol: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Nom nom nom.....
    Jacksonville FL
  • Scottborasjr
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Looks great Blake!!! Did you add sauce to the beef?