Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT dip so goooood...

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

We were supposed to have one of our parish priests over for dinner last week as he will be moving to another parish soon, but at the last minute he called as he was sick...we already had everything prepped to do some ABT dip so we couldn't let that go to waste...here is the bacon frying up...

Bacon set aside and then the peppers getting happy & soft in some of the bacon grease...

Next add the cream cheese, mixed with some pulled pork and my BBQ sauce...

Top that with some DP Pineapple Head and a jar of Paul Newman's Pineapple Salsa...

Some more DP PH then the bacon and back on the Egg to let everything get to know each other well...

OH SO GOOD!

Oh yeah, he missed out on the shrimpburgers too...just ready to come off the Egg...

Kathy & I did have a nice dinner together though and nothing bad about that!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    That dip does look off the charts... Your Parish Priest sure missed out.. Thanks for sharing, I am going to give it a try.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Never thought to make an ABT dip but that sounds pretty epic!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Second thing I learned on here today - stop I can't keep up!
    Great idea for the ABT dip - must try that....Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Morning, Jay! Are you lost? :) Good to see you, bud. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. You know, I STILL haven't made those shrimp burgers. Bought the wasabi, but that's far as I ever got!

That's not Julie's dip recipe is it? 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SSN686

Morning Michael:

The dip is my variation of Julie's recipe (I add the pulled pork & BBQ sauce to the cream cheese)...you NEED to do the shrimpburgers, those were sooooo good the other night!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Submarines once...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    where can I find the shrimp burger recipe? great post, I love seeing new (to me) stuff like this. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SSN686

Morning jls9595:

Shrimpburger recipe --

Ingredients:

1 pound raw Shrimp (cleaned, shelled & deveined)

1 Egg

1/8 cup finely chopped Cilantro

1/2 cup Panko Crumbs

Kosher Salt

Freshly ground Black Pepper (DP Shaking the Tree)

Wasabi Mayonnaise (recipe follows)

Directions:

In a food processor, process half the shrimp with the egg. Coarsely chop the remaining shrimp and put it into a bowl. Add the processed shrimp and the cilantro, panko crumbs, salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture into 4 portions and form them into patties (a round cookie cutter works well for forming the shrimp burgers.  Put the cookie cutter on freezer or waxed paper and fill with the shrimp mixture, then gently pull off the cookie cutter).  After the burgers are formed, put them in the refrigerator for at least an hour to help them firm up.

Stabilize egg at 350° with a raised grid.  Place the burgers on a perforated pan such as a pizza pan with holes or the cooking grid.  Place pan on the raised grid and grill until cooked through, turning once, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.

Remove the burgers to a sweet Hawaiian roll that has been spread with the wasabi mayonnaise.  Add more wasabi mayonnaise on top of the shrimp burger.  Enjoy!

Wasabi Mayonnaise:

1 cup Mayonnaise

1/4 cup prepared Wasabi (available in the Asian section of your supermarket)

1 tsp. freshly grated Ginger

2 Tbls. Soy Sauce

1 tsp. Sugar

Pinch Salt

Mix all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

To make more than four ¼ pound size, just increase the ingredients proportionately (no need to make more mayo, there is plenty for at least 5 pounds of shrimp).  If you make the shrimpburgers about the size of the small Hawaiian rolls you should get 7 or 8 per pound of shrimp.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    thanks @SSN686 , will be making both these soon
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!