Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Last Meal

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
There is probably a post on the forum about this topic already.  But, if you had to choose a last meal, what would it be?

Mine:  Fried Pork Chops, Fried Okra, Pinto Beans, Corn Bread and a great big bottle of hot sauce.   =)

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    A pair of very thick prime ribeyes done caveman style with some thick sliced beefsteak tomatoes, sliced purple onion... And a big tumbler of ice cold Titos...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    With @hapster most of the way. Add Rosemary roasted potatoes and roasted garlic toasts. Plus Basil Hayden's with one ice cube. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Fried Chicken and fries. I'm easy. Now the chicken had better be good. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Thick marbled porterhouse L&S, au gratin potatoes, grilled asparagus, 2007 southern Rhone blend chatenoeff du pape. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2015
    Thick kobe ribeye, bourbon and some heroin because whatever is coming (winter?) might hurt.
    Pineapplebaconshrimp for an appetizer.  Then caveman T-bone, crash potatoes, and grilled zucchini.  For dessert, my wife's apple pfannkuchen.  All while drinking Westmalle Tripel, and/or Allagash Tripel, and/or Hess's "The Lion" Cabernet.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157

As much Aaron Franklin brisket I could eat, garlic mashed taters, mac and cheese.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I'm going with fresh wild Brook Trout, Maine baked beans made with Jacob's Cattle beans and salt pork, wilted spinach with home cured slab bacon, biscuits with molasses, homemade blueberry pie, A Yeti of Hendrick's G&T with my pipe and a favorite smoke afterwards. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Fried chicken. waffles with syrup, mac and cheese, deep fried pickles... Titos and Zing Zang...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Mexican. No real preference for how it's wrapped up
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I'm going with a pork butt so it takes an extra 15 or so hours before they can finish me off!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I've had two separate incidences where someone has told me "If I ever kill anybody, I want you to come cook fried chicken for my last meal." That totally random statement was the best compliment ever. 
  • Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Fresh ground sirloin/chuck burger.  Toasted kaiser roll, thick slice of Bermuda onion, slice of fresh garden tomato, dripping with melted cheddar cheese.  Hand cut fries from the deep fryer and at least a couple bottles of Allagash White.  Finish me off with glass of Woodford’s and a cigar.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • Rosco902
    Rosco902 Posts: 26
     halibut cheeks. pan fried in butter. beyond good. 
    NS Canada
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Huge bowl of ice cream, chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, shoo fly pie, cheesecake, some chocolate candy to finish it off.

If I'm having one last meal, all dessert for me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Chicken-n-dumplings, with green beans, corn bread, and chocolate pie.