Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yet another meatloaf recipe

2»

Comments

• I can't wait to get it to try out the Meatloaf recipe!  Thanks for the great idea! 
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Jellyworm said:
    I can't wait to get it to try out the Meatloaf recipe!  Thanks for the great idea! 

BTW - here's the trick I have learned to make clean up easier since the grease will seep out the mesh like it is supposed to. I spray the bottom and sides of the basket with PAM. Then after the cook if you let the basket soak overnight in hot soapy water you'll find a stiff brush in the morning makes for quick cleaning. Otherwise if you try to wash it right after use you will be cussing me as cleaning right then is a bear! Time in the soak is the secret!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Here's a different take on a meatloaf;  But I think RRP's would be better than this.  Just sayin'.
    https://threemorebites.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/grilled-meatloaf-yes-i-said-grilled-meatloaf/

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168

After poking around a bit, Sears appears to sell the Brinkman Smokers and accessories. Might want to check out your local one and save all shipping costs. Plus you could make the meatloaf the same day!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Nice meatloaf is that all you had to eat ?
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • RRP
    edited February 2015
    @cook861 When I fix that meatloaf I serve it with 1.5 pound fresh green beans plus several little new potatoes. First meal with them is great and the second meal is terrific!!!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @rrp I think I've made one of your other meatloafs before. At least I think it was your recipe. It uses stove top stuffing.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • RRP
    texaswig said:

@rrp I think I've made one of your other meatloafs before. At least I think it was your recipe. It uses stove top stuffing.

Nope- that wasn't mine then as I have never even eaten stove stop dressing before much less used it in some meatloaf recipe. Oh well I still recommend the meatloaf recipe I posted at the start of this thread and I still recommend the fresh green beans and new potatoes anyway!
  • GreenWave36
    GreenWave36 Posts: 132
    I just tried this recipe, it was the best meatloaf we've ever had.  Maintained a 330 degree dome temp for 1 hour 35 mins, and used one large chunk of cherry which imparted the perfect amount of smoke.  Thanks Ron!

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Dang that looks really good.  One of these days I am going to do one bacon wrapped.
  • Navigator
    Navigator Posts: 56
    Those look great and will be giving the recipe a shot.
    Rich
    Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max
  • RRP
    I just tried this recipe, it was the best meatloaf we've ever had.  Maintained a 330 degree dome temp for 1 hour 35 mins, and used one large chunk of cherry which imparted the perfect amount of smoke.  Thanks Ron!

And Thanks back at you, Jeremy! Glad it worked for you! I replied to your email and explained why I'm busy tonight!

LOL for a retired dude I'm getting up 3 hours earlier tomorrow than normal! GOOD NIGHT!!!