Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introducing myself

Options
2»

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Long shot...but did you ever fly in the Air Force?  Whidbey Island?

no, this is not a second marriage proposal.  Ha! 

Welcome me to the fun!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Welcome to the machine.  Glad to have you in the fraternity of eggheads.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    That's sexist - "fraternity"...... She's a Trixie. Know any dudes name Trixie?

If you do, there are other blogs for you. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    Long shot...but did you ever fly in the Air Force?  Whidbey Island?

no, this is not a second marriage proposal.  Ha! 

Welcome me to the fun!
    No....I've never been in any military service.   I have, however, visited Whidbey Island many times. 
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Welcome!  Enjoy and get ready to be addicted... Post your cook pics
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Hi all!  I'm a newbie BGE owner.  I was all set to purchase a Traeger until I did a little research on the BGE.  It was a no-brainer!   I live in the Seattle area...love to cook, grill and bake.  Can't wait to explore this forum to learn more about my new grill.  
    Welcome Trixie Belle, glad to see another West Coast Griller and Smoker I'm looking forward to your post! Check out my blog http://grillingandsmoking.blogspot.com/

Ross
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Welcome to the club. Bring your camera and sense of humor and you'll have lots of fun here!
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Welcome @Trixie_Belle!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the eggdiction. 
    @FanOfFanboys
     http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Match.com :giggle: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    From a transplanted Virginian to another welcome aboard. Go ahead and order a Thermapen, an adjustable rig, and a Maverick wireless thermometer, it will be easier to go ahead and buy it all now.

Love the name Hokie_Smoker.  You must have gone to VT?  I went to Radford.    I have a Maverick wireless.  So, is the adjustable rig the 2 layer cooking rack thing?  

Yep, VT.  I'm from Southwestern so it was like going to school in my backyard.  I had lots of friends in Radford and drank many, many beers over there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Trixie_Belle
    Options
    From a transplanted Virginian to another welcome aboard. Go ahead and order a Thermapen, an adjustable rig, and a Maverick wireless thermometer, it will be easier to go ahead and buy it all now.

Love the name Hokie_Smoker.  You must have gone to VT?  I went to Radford.    I have a Maverick wireless.  So, is the adjustable rig the 2 layer cooking rack thing?  

Yep, VT.  I'm from Southwestern so it was like going to school in my backyard.  I had lots of friends in Radford and drank many, many beers over there.

And I drank waaay too much while visiting VT.  Gosh those were the days.    
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @Trixie_Belle

You do realize, you are the new forum girlfriend. 

With a name like "Trixie Belle", I mean, come on, 

Just don't go to the "Devistated" thread and you'll be ok. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Best friend's girlfriend's son works at Magic Hat VT. I lived in VA Beach 1972 . No I'm not coming on to you .I'm waaay toooo old. Look into the Smokeware cap from Smokeware.net and Woo from Ceramic Grill Store . Two good accessories for egg . Welcome to the insanity !!
  • Trixie_Belle
    Options
    @Trixie_Belle

You do realize, you are the new forum girlfriend. 

With a name like "Trixie Belle", I mean, come on, 

Just don't go to the "Devistated" thread and you'll be ok. 
    Oh geeze.....what have I gotten myself into? 
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
  • Todd-Man
    Todd-Man Posts: 18
    Options
    In case you didn't know, the Eggfest in Kent is this weekend. I know in the link it says registration is closed, but I think they allow walk-ups. 
    http://www.pnweggfest.com/

Seattle, WA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Welcome @Trixie_Belle.  I have a bunch of cousins up there, Kent, Richmond Beach, Seattle, etc,
    We're kinda neighbors, I'm just 5 hours south!
    Enjoy this journey, and you'll find this forum is an absolute gold mine of info and help.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Nope,  I know zero guys named Trixie, but I believe to have just made the acquaintance of a hypercritical, yet judgmental, bigot that calls his self or its self  "The Buckeye" though. Please provide evidence otherwise.

I was not trying to be sexist, just friendly, and perhaps that is a concept, "The Buckeye" and other awkward individuals such as he or it, are unable to comprehend due to a myriad of self inadequacy issues, creating the need for "The Buckeye" to cast such prejudiced statements towards those he or it knows little of. I just suppose it is what ignorant rednecks do. Excuse my diatribe, but I felt a personal attack. 

Whatever the cause for the poorly chosen and surely glacially typed words; be he old or unable, "little man syndrome" or obviously an IQ, far less than Mensa standards, I think it best "The Buckeye" should keep away from his or its mother's keyboard, on her desktop, in the back room of her 1968 Holly Park trailer home. It makes "The Buckeye"  appear foolish and reveals his or its inability for intellectual repartee with other forum members. 

@Trixie_Belle : My most sincere apologies, should I had offended you in any manner, and I apologize in advance on behalf of some of the eggers on here. Please do not think we are all narrow minded, with an inability to show either intelligence or class.

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you have become a member. 

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    Welcome to eggmania.

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• Trixie_Belle
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Nope,  I know zero guys named Trixie, but I believe to have just made the acquaintance of a hypercritical, yet judgmental, bigot that calls his self or its self  "The Buckeye" though. Please provide evidence otherwise.

I was not trying to be sexist, just friendly, and perhaps that is a concept, "The Buckeye" and other awkward individuals such as he or it, are unable to comprehend due to a myriad of self inadequacy issues, creating the need for "The Buckeye" to cast such prejudiced statements towards those he or it knows little of. I just suppose it is what ignorant rednecks do. Excuse my diatribe, but I felt a personal attack. 

Whatever the cause for the poorly chosen and surely glacially typed words; be he old or unable, "little man syndrome" or obviously an IQ, far less than Mensa standards, I think it best "The Buckeye" should keep away from his or its mother's keyboard, on her desktop, in the back room of her 1968 Holly Park trailer home. It makes "The Buckeye"  appear foolish and reveals his or its inability for intellectual repartee with other forum members. 

@Trixie_Belle : My most sincere apologies, should I had offended you in any manner, and I apologize in advance on behalf of some of the eggers on here. Please do not think we are all narrow minded, with an inability to show either intelligence or class.

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you have become a member. 

No offense taken.  I was actually a member of a service fraternity in college.   
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Welcome aboard, great avatar, there are plenty of things to Egg that will go with that martini B)

Cheers,
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Welcome aboard Mrs. Belle. I absolutely love the avatar. You have come to a great place. Just kick back and relax and enjoy the ride. Again, welcome aboard. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome to the club and happy you decide on the egg.  My sister and brother n law bought a Traeger last year after seeing my egg.  I tired to sell them on the egg, but they just wanted a smoker and something they could set and not have to mess with much.  I told the egg is that way too, after a few cooks.  Good luck, I look forward to your first cooking post.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Welcome!
    Options
    Welcome to the cult, get your pocketbook ready!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Degree of Kool-Aid consumption a matter of personal preference.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Welcome!
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Trixie!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX