Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My table build

Options
Just bought my first BGE.   Built a table based upon the Naked Whiz site and the help from everyone's posts and pictures.  
Woodbury, MN.   LBGE, Weber gasser, ECB

Comments

• mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Looks nice. Welcome 
  • Navigator
    Navigator Posts: 56
    Options
    That's a beauty!
    Rich
    Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    Nice. Nice lawn too!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Sharp ! 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Very nice... You are going to have lotsa fun with that set up..Welcome.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Excellent looking setup and congrats!

My neighbor has volunteered (after a few bottles of my wine, and a BGE cookout of plain old pork chops) to build one for me. I have seen his carpentry skills, and I must say, I am nervous, and it will at the very least be entertaining.

Thank you for the post.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Tbla
    Tbla Posts: 57
    Options
    I can't lie....  It took me a few beers to complete my table.   
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Nice looking table. I like the way the tabletop is radiused on the left and right sides - nice detail!

What is your egg sitting on? Is that just a large tile?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    Great table! I especially love the egg bottle opener!!
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Tbla said:
    I can't lie....  It took me a few beers to complete my table.   
    It is obvious the investment in beer was worth your personal sacrifice to consume. You did a heck of a job!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Tbla
    Options
    @heavyg.     The bottom slate is 24x24.   Top is 20x20.     I took the advice from this forum and made sure the bottom slate extended to the edge to help with removing ashes.  
  • Tbla
    Options
    Thanks for the comments.   This was my first discussion post.  Building the table was fun -but cooking on eh egg is a blast.   
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Tbla said:
    Thanks for the comments.   This was my first discussion post.  Building the table was fun -but cooking on eh egg is a blast.   
    I know what you mean. I have done several cooks, just to cook and learn. I have given away so much food to my neighbors and the homeless shelter than I could eat in a year. It has all been killer. You will get to the point where your friends and family will want to know when you will be cooking a certain meal, so they can am to be there. I love it.
    get ready to spend money, stupid money. I have bought so much stuff, freezers, bigger freezers, patio upgrades in furniture, and size, storage shelves, lump, lump and more lump, vacuum packs, and this does not include BGE accessories and stuff.
    Have fun, if you ever get to Louisville look me up. Therapy is much more effective, when there is more than one.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    Nice table!
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    That is one of the best tables I've seen that is what I specifically would be looking for.  It's really nice hun. 
  • Tbla
    Options
    Thanks @sookie.    I did a lotta looking at tables on the internet before I started building.    I made the bottom drawer plenty big.  It is my favorite feature.     The cabinet side has a middle shelf that pulls out to make easier to get at all the good cooking stuff.