Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekday Rib Ccok

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
Not a huge fan of working from home, which I've been doing a lot of lately, but there are some advantages. Fired up Egg around 10:30 today and cooked two racks of ribs. Cooked at 250-275 with a little oak, did 3-1-.5 and they were great 

For sauces, did one rack with Brownswood Cherry sauce and the other rack withHead Country Original. Both were good, lost track of which was which though. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Rusty412
    Rusty412 Posts: 24
    Options
    They look good, nice color and glaze.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I like your thinking!  Good stuff 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice! One of the best things about working from home. If I ever have to start reporting to an office when not traveling, that's the day my resume goes on the street.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Working from home, it does have its drawbacks......I have to make my own coffee, empty my on trash....and worst of all, have no excusees on a snow day. The comute is often difficult when I have to step over the dog. I get by.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Did you cook any amount of time with the sauce on the ribs, or apply after they were done?
    McKinney, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    Nice! One of the best things about working from home. If I ever have to start reporting to an office when not traveling, that's the day my resume goes on the street.
    Me too. Been doing it for 21 years now. You can get a lot done in shorts and flip flops :smiley: 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tisoypops
    tisoypops Posts: 267
    Options
    Nice ribs! I'm so jealous of you work from homers.... 
    LBGE | Conroe, TX
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    @Lmidkiff I did three hours, then wrapped for an hour, then un-wrapped, sauced and did a final 30 minutes. Pulled and let rest about 15 minutes. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    both look great. just got my first bottle of head country and trying it out this weekend
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Ribs look great.  I will trade you my 45 minute drive one way to work in traffic to staying at home home for work. You basically kind of did a 3-1-1.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.