Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lets try again

Options
Jimbob
Jimbob Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What I meant to say is a Hot Dog CHILE recipe. I know how to but a Hot Dog. (LOL) Thanks again

Comments

• Mik of Alaska
    Options
    Jimbob,
    Just goto www.allrecipes.com and do a search. I got one call New York system hot weiner sauce that seems to do well with the company. Mik

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Mik of Alaska,
    thats the one i like also, i just posted it below

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Jimbob,
    I have a weakness for Weinerschnitzel's chile dogs. -RP[p]Weinerschnitzel Hot Dog Sauce[p]2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup onion, minced
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 pound ground beef
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon prepared mustard
    1 tablespoon vinegar
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup tomato juice (1/2 to 1 cup)[p]In a large heavy skillet cook garlic and onion in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is softened.[p]Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up any lumps with a fork, until cooked through. Drain off any excess fat if desired.[p]Add remaining ingredients, adding just enough juice to create a spoonably loose but not soupy mixture. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.[p]Makes enough sauce to top 6 hot dogs.[p]Source: Gourmet Magazine

• Mik of Alaska
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I just printed it cuz it's a little different than my recipe. Looks good and I plan on making it soon. Mik

• fishlessman
    Options
    Mik of Alaska,
    if you get a chance send me the version you have. ive been trying to duplicate my uncles mothers recipe for some time now. cant seem to get it right. i know starting the meat in a cold beer gets the same consistancy as hers, but hers has a better flavor. she doesnt share her recipes, but some day ill get it right. this recipe is pretty close though,especially if you baste the hotdogs with butter as they cook, shes frome rhode island and they are the best, might have something to do with the smaller hotdogs they sell down there.

fukahwee maine

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    AZRP,
    Man, me too. I know they're nothing special, but I sure have a difficult time passing a Weinerschnitzel. I still refer to them as "Der" Weinerschnitzel, as that's what they were when I was much younger.[p]Thanks for the recipe.[p]Mike

• Midnight Smoker
    Options
    fishlessman,
    GOD!!! It may seem strange, but I really miss the top slit buns!!! How can you have a lobster roll(or hot dog) without one?????? I wish I could find them now that I live in Charleston, SC.......Might need to make a road trip to Boston for buns, lobbies and GOOD pizza. Paul

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    That's funny cause when I was looking for the recipe, I couldn't find it, I was searching under Der Weinerschnitzel. I didn't know they dropped the Der. -RP

• ccrider.disabled
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    Boston pizzas are great and the slices huge.

• fishlessman
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    why would they be sliced any other way. and no you cant make a lobster roll without them, once had one in a crescent roll, it was good, but it wasnt right.

fukahwee maine