Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked it...

Options
2»

Comments

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Not sure about your AZ dealer but I went back to my dealer that I bought my Eggs from and asked them to email me a receipt. Now I have both registered them with the mothership and have electronic copies saved of my receipts. Maybe you could call your dealer from original purchase and see if they keep records that long by any chance?
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    i bought 3 eggs back 11 years ago this week when i bought my camp, the registration did have a requirement for a serial number back then. there were some penciled in numbers on the dome which my guess were lot numbers =) my last warranty claim asked for those numbers as well so i made up some numbers ;) my vision kub actually does have serial numbers on it however
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Not sure about your AZ dealer but I went back to my dealer that I bought my Eggs from and asked them to email me a receipt. Now I have both registered them with the mothership and have electronic copies saved of my receipts. Maybe you could call your dealer from original purchase and see if they keep records that long by any chance?
    I called them yesterday. The store I bought it from was absorbed by another one. The fellow I spoke with looked in the computer and did not find anything. He told me to call back today and speak with the Manager, but he did suggest to not get my hopes up. He said they do have boxes of old records but he thinks they are not organized in any way....I am going to call Bruce here in a few minutes and see what he has to say...that is if he answers....
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Best of luck man. I would be shocked if they don't help you out.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Agree with Daron, BGE would probably ask for a photo though. If the crack is hardly visible after cool down, you can reheat to expand it for photo op  =)
    canuckland
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Just spoke with Bruce. Wants photos of the cracked base, firebox, the book that came with it and the card. He will then email me a warranty replacement authorization...
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Lit said:
    This is crazy just a couple weeks ago I was recommending on a thread to do clean burns at 500 and just let them run longer cause clean burns at 750 plus have cracked multiple egg parts and bases for me and other forum members did not agree including @RRP.  Sorry about your luck certain regions the distributors are more strict and require more proof of purchase from what I have seen in the past. I am not sure how you can call Bruce directly but his email is Bruce.bohannon@biggreenegg.com he has always responded fairly quickly when I have had warranty issues. 
    I just emailed Bruce. His email address has changed....it is now bruce@biggreenegg.com......Was a very pleasant man to speak with, much easier to deal with then the fellow from BBQ Galore......
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    ... much easier to deal with then the fellow from BBQ Galore......
    That's funny for me.  Visited the BBQ Galore store in Chandler, AZ, and found them to be very nice folks ... well, right up until I asked why they didn't carry some of the non-BGE labeled accessories for the BGE.  That's when his nose rose up in the air and I got the, "selling that kind of stuff could could void the warranty" speech.  Shook my head and left the store ... never to return.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• dougcrann
    Options
    We got our XL from the now closed store on Ray Rd. They used to have cooking classes every on Thursdays. That is actually what got me interested in the Eggs. The folks that worked in that particular store were good folks...
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Beginning to get anxious...how long do I wait before calling?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Be patient, I'm sure Bruce will get back to you ;))  If you want some idea of how long Shannon waited, read through 108 pages of this "DEVASTATED" thread while you're waiting!
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1179202/devastated
    and its followup:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1180655/devastated-follow-up
    canuckland
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Be patient, I'm sure Bruce will get back to you ;))  If you want some idea of how long Shannon waited, read through 108 pages of this "DEVASTATED" thread while you're waiting!
    and its followup:
    DONT DO IT!!!
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    RRP said:
    So I was wrong about new eggs and I appreciate being corrected so I won't continue to misguide newbies about the serial number. But now I pose another question. Does the base have the same identical serial number or none at all? When a dome is replaced then I'm sure they won't duplicate the old number so future warranty claims after the initial replacement might get bogged down or not honored? Sounds to  me like a needless and  cumbersome record keeping for BGE. 
    I just bought and put together an XL a couple months ago.  My dome, base and firebox all had different numbers stamped on them.  I need to call BGE to find out about registering b/c the numbers on my dome aren't all legible. 
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • dougcrann
    Options
    and its followup:
    Hmmmm.....so The Mother ship offers a great warranty.....at a snails pace......glad my Egg is still useable....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    jimithing said:

I just bought and put together an XL a couple months ago.  My dome, base and firebox all had different numbers stamped on them.  I need to call BGE to find out about registering b/c the numbers on my dome aren't all legible. 
    Good luck! BUT more importantly PLEASE share the rest of your future eggperience about this saga with this forum!!! I'm DEAD serious!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dougcrann
    Options
    RRP said:
    jimithing said:

Good luck! BUT more importantly PLEASE share the rest of your future eggperience about this saga with this forum!!! I'm DEAD serious!
    For what it worth...I never registered mine when I bought it back in 04-05. Bruce told me as long as I had the green registration card from the manual I was good to go...don't see why this would not apply in jimithings case as well..
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have bought 3 eggs in the last 2 years. Never saw a green registration card. Not sure they still come with them. I have the receipts though and bought the XL from the mothership.
  • chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    Options
    I just got my LGE this year.  I registered online w/ the numbers that were stamped into both the dome and base (they were the same).  I have a receipt confirmation of registration in my email archives.  Hope that's all I will need.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Just got my response from Bruce....I am good to go...just got to forward the email to the BGE dealer in North Spokane....
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Congrats. BGE is really a good company.
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Pool World,  the local BGE dealer, called yesterday to.....my warranty parts are here...
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    Options

so I got my replacement dome and base the other day and wanted to register them.  I don't see the baked in number just these markered numbers but I cant really tell all the numbers there.  Are these even the right numbers?  if not, who do I call at the mothership?  whats the number?
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    Options
    guess it didn't attach
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I had forgotten to register my MM. So sorry for the crack, you will get it resolved. I had an issue with my BGE XL, and I was blown away on the service of my dealer and BGE.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dougcrann
    Options
    blakeas said:

so I got my replacement dome and base the other day and wanted to register them.  I don't see the baked in number just these markered numbers but I cant really tell all the numbers there.  Are these even the right numbers?  if not, who do I call at the mothership?  whats the number?
    Bruce@biggreenegg.com