Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Turkey Breast

Options
Took my first crack at smoking a turkey breast yesterday evening after work. 
250°(ish) for 3 1/2 hours. 
I used a bourbon-honey glaze that was richly applied three separate times toward the end, and OMG!!!!!

Comments

• Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Excellent sandwiches are in your future.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Ok, tell us about this Bourbon-Honey Glaze
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Stuckinohio
    Options
    The glaze was kinda thrown together, but it was soooo good! 

About 1/2 stick of butter
    Probably 3 Tbsp of REAL maple syrup 
    Somewhere between 2-3 Tbsp of honey
    3 Tbsp of Woodford Reserve bourbon. I used Woodford because I was out of Blanton's. Woodford is a cheaper bourbon, but is still of decent quality. 

I just heated everything in a sauce pan until it was combined and almost boiling. I glazed LIBERALLY at the following temps:
    150, 160, 167
  • piney
    Options
    The glaze was kinda thrown together, but it was soooo good! 

About 1/2 stick of butter
    Probably 3 Tbsp of REAL maple syrup 
    Somewhere between 2-3 Tbsp of honey
    3 Tbsp of Woodford Reserve bourbon. I used Woodford because I was out of Blanton's. Woodford is a cheaper bourbon, but is still of decent quality. 

I just heated everything in a sauce pan until it was combined and almost boiling. I glazed LIBERALLY at the following temps:
    150, 160, 167

Lenoir, N.C.
  • piney
    Options
    Thanks, I will try this, how can you go wrong with those ingredients!!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    I think you are my new hero.   My husband thought I was nuts a few years ago when I bought like 8 turkey breasts and put them in our deep freeze, because they were going for $.99 lb.  But he was right, I am nuts.  The glaze looks amazing :)
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Nice looking bird
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"