Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone carry a day bag? If so, what is in it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For the bike, love my chrome backpack.  Holds a ton of sh!t, rugged materials, built to last.  They have many more models available than when I bought mine.
    http://www.chromeindustries.com/us/en/bags

For work, I float at times, even to our other campus, and need all the tools of the trade on board, so I carry a Mobile Edge Messenger.  It too, holds a ton of sh!t and gets the job done.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=828987&gclid=CjwKEAjwqLWrBRC-_OaG-IfL0kASJAAbzKsV-0SpcOgwwPnMwfr0uuSaOQwQeJz5m11-ZYYaLBm4ORoCWhvw_wcB&Q=&is=REG&A=details

For hunting, this bag holds everything I need out in the timber and has a 2L reservoir.  A steal for $80.00.  Badlands are badass, but couldn't justify the high pricetag.
    http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Magnum-Harness-Pack/product/13030505562625/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

As far as EDC, I keep things minimal.  XDS45 in my pocket with an Alabama Holster.  Blackberry type phone which is smaller.  Kershaw Damascus Skyline, keys, and a Big Skinny wallet.
    http://www.amazon.com/Big-Skinny-Magnetic-Money-Wallet/dp/B00HVKRB7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433264787&sr=8-1&keywords=the+big+skinny+money+clip

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    I carry a backpack, not as nice as yours but pretty cool. It carries my laptop, charger, portable mouse, wallet, badge and make up essentials as needed. This girl must look good! And a carry a lunch bag from thirtyone cause i can't stand to pay tons of money for crap food.

We have to carry our laptop etc home every night just in case some crazy client needs something immediately. Doesn't happen a lot but can.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I carry a "bag" frequently.  It stays in my pocket and is just large enough to contain a .380 or a 9.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Typical day in the office - pen, a snack or two, yeti tumbler, and CCW.

The bag that stays in the car is the typical urban bug-out bag with gear and clothes, battery backups, etc. with an assortment of knives and other weaponry that goes bang bang.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    i dont carry one, but my wife and lots of other women i know do. 

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Just had a crazy patient go ape $hit...  Looks like I'll be upping my CCW gear and backups!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I carry a "bag" frequently.  It stays in my pocket and is just large enough to contain a .380 or a 9.
    Designers are important when it comes to accessorizing.  Mine are Desantis & Don Hume.
    Flint, Michigan
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Zippo 4 in 1 Woodsman, entrenching tool, Lime and a slightly worn copy of Catcher In The Rye.  And a borrowed VHS copy of "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross" from @GATraveller
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Yes I do.  A BedStu small messenger bag.  I don't like carrying stuff like old man fat wallets in my pockets.

Screw any manly man who thinks I'm carrying a purse.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Zippo 4 in 1 Woodsman, entrenching tool, Lime and a slightly worn copy of Catcher In The Rye.  And a borrowed VHS copy of "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross" from @GATraveller
    Never underestimate the power of Bob Ross to cure insomnia.  :rofl: 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Rags
    Chloroform 
    Duct Tape 
    Zip Ties 
    Rope
    Copy of Good Housekeeping 
    Hacksaw 
    Tarp
    Chlorox Stain Stick
    Bowie Knife
    VHS copy of "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross" 

You know - the usual. 
    Dexter?
    Options
    Usually people carry "quarters" or "halves".  Don't go over an "oz".  My lawyer advised me not to.
    Options
    I carry a backpack to and from work, but that's about it. Laptop, various chargers, my Kindle or actual book, maybe a magazine, minimum two different flavors of e-juice, a coupla mods, my rebuilding kit, and my lunch.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Usually people carry "quarters" or "halves".  Don't go over an "oz".  My lawyer advised me not to.
    You must be very hip and I must not be. It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about.
    Flint, Michigan
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    My bag arrived yesterday.

I have extra phone charger, a battery pack for phone, laptop, knife, headphones, toothbrush/toothpaste/floss, deodorant, extra pair of contacts, solution, extra pair of glasses, few pens, a pad, mini flashlight, bottle open, koozie, chapstick, ibprofen, Goodys, and lighter. I want to add a small thing of man wipes and few other little things to keep stocked. I also will put my Siggs in there each morning for water during day and put my lunch it it. I will keep my nasty bag for anytime I might need it. Probably add a pair of socks and boxers since there is room and never know when I might need (I travel for work and sometimes turns into an overnight trip when was not planned. Also good for going out to a friends house and having too much to drink and needing to stay)

I will be using the bag for gym and BJJ so during those times I will remove laptop and put gi, towel, and wipes in there.

it is also big enough to use for 2 nights or so when travelling so will get a lot of use there and it fits TSA regulations for carry one

This will be pretty much my do everything bag. Keep a stock of essential things I need regularly and swap out things for situational. 

I am sure over time I will add a few more things to keep in stock and I will adjust rotation more for weather and diff situations

The bag itself is badass. Has a lot of room (and they have a larger model) and looks good. The hemp material should keep it long lasting and fairly clean. 
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
       =)
    I would love for those to come back in style. Joe Rogan rocks one and I want the one he has. 
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

I don't carry a wallet, per se. I use a BookBook
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

I don't carry it everyday. But I keep my book bag packed like this at all times. Makes it easy to grab when I'm doing something out of the norm or traveling.

• Extra chargers for all my devices.
    • Notepad in leather folding binder
    • Pens, pencils, highlighters, and markers. (including dry erase)
    • Graphing calculator
    • AA,AAA,9v batteries
    • Small doc bag (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shave cream, deodorant)
    • Simple first aid kit
    • Random book (whatever I'm reading)
    • Folding multitool and a nice pocket knife (front pocket easy to remember and grab if I'm flying so I don't end up having to toss it)
    • Carabiner with about a hundred feet of parachute cord wrapped tight around it (random gift in a stocking one year)
    • Wallet with an extra ID and $100 cash and a cc I don't use often in case I lose my main wallet
    • A pair of lightweight shorts, a pair of boxers and T-shirt
    • Then I just throw in my phone, laptop, tablet etc.

Mostly this stuff has just accumulated this way. Some of it was when I got into thinking about a bug out bag.

I forgot to mention I will keep whatever book I am reading (currently finish short stories of ernest hemingway then Blood Meridian is next) and I have my Bible in there. A simple 1st aid kit would be a good idea and the carabiner. 
    Boom
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options

I have extra phone charger, a battery pack for phone, laptop, knife, headphones, toothbrush/toothpaste/floss, deodorant, extra pair of contacts, solution, extra pair of glasses, few pens, a pad, mini flashlight, bottle open, koozie, chapstick, ibprofen, Goodys, and lighter. I want to add a small thing of man wipes and few other little things to keep stocked. I also will put my Siggs in there each morning for water during day and put my lunch it it. I will keep my nasty bag for anytime I might need it. Probably add a pair of socks and boxers since there is room and never know when I might need (I travel for work and sometimes turns into an overnight trip when was not planned. Also good for going out to a friends house and having too much to drink and needing to stay)

I will be using the bag for gym and BJJ so during those times I will remove laptop and put gi, towel, and wipes in there.

it is also big enough to use for 2 nights or so when travelling so will get a lot of use there and it fits TSA regulations for carry one

This will be pretty much my do everything bag. Keep a stock of essential things I need regularly and swap out things for situational. 

I am sure over time I will add a few more things to keep in stock and I will adjust rotation more for weather and diff situations

The bag itself is badass. Has a lot of room (and they have a larger model) and looks good. The hemp material should keep it long lasting and fairly clean. 
    Looks killer but you lost me at "Solution" could you expand a bit..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

4Runner said:
    Like a shoulder bag or book bag. What do you carry in it? 
    Pain med? Pen and paper? Knife? Laptop? 

Not a bug out bag or anything. But an EDC office or urban type. Just day to day stuff you carry and things you have for small daily emergencies.

I just ordered this: http://www.dsgear.com/products/bpc 

@FanOfFanboys  - that is what my wife is for you p$$$$$.     Sorry, couldn't resist.  :)
    @4Runner I tried to use your wife to carry my stuff but it just did not work out
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    shucker said:
    i dont carry one, but my wife and lots of other women i know do. 
    @shucker your wife and the women you know wear book bags to the office and BJJ too?
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

Looks killer but you lost me at "Solution" could you expand a bit..
    contact solution. 
    Boom
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @FanOfFanboy.....Phew... Oh okay.. Thanks..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    So far it is very comfortable, seems incredibly well built, has plenty of pockets and storage. Several net pockets within other pockets as well. 
    Boom
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have the standard issue tech nerd "swiss gear" laptop that with the "scan smart" design so you don't have to take your laptop out going through X-ray at airport security.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.