Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Amazon Echo

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
Just got the notification from Amazon that my Echo has shipped. Certainly I'm not the first. Anyone have an Echo? How do you like it? I can't wait. 
Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments

• mrw123
    mrw123 Posts: 202
    Options
    I like mine. It's still pretty much a beta. They add functionality regularly. (They just added the ability to sync with Google calendar) I think it works very well for what it is and I think it ultimately will be great. In the meantime, I'm really getting used to just asking for the music I want, so I may get one for upstairs too.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I have one, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. 
    NOLA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    I have one, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. 
    You are going to be tossed out of the man club! You are supposed to rip open the box as soon as it arrives and try to set up/assemble/plug in/put gas in whatever it is without reading the manual and then complain about poor instructions. Geez! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I have one, they're great for music.  I don't really use it for anything else.  The kids enjoy talking to it.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We have two of them.   I totally dig 'em.  The jokes are bad though.
    Options
    I enjoy mine. Music functions are nice for what it is, plus the apps they are adding are great. I like adding stuff by voice to a shopping list that I can pull up on my phone at the store.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I got one several months ago, I love it.  I've tailored the news feed (Flash Briefing) to the news I want, for the most part it works well.
    AND, just today I got my second one.  After reviewing the "linking" instructions I'm not sure one wifi system can support two Echo's, this will be an interesting experiment.  My first system is in my bedroom, this second one will go in the kitchen/dining room, where I can ask for dinner music, set timers for the Egg, and add fish sauce to my grocery list.  
    Gotta tell a quick story: I have a full collection of the music of Basia, pronounced "bah-sha".  I asked "Alexa" for Basia music, and she didn't understand.  I repeated the question several times, with different pronunciations, "Ba-see-a", "Ba-SheYa", nothing.  I finally said, "Never mind ****, just go to sleep".
    She came back and said, "That wasn't a nice thing to say".

:o   Oh wow, I felt bad after that!  (That is a true story!)  

It's cool how Amazon comes out with additional features every 3 weeks or so, it'll now control the Philips "Hue" wifi-controlled lighting system, and the "Nest" wifi-controlled home thermostat; it's a cool world we live in!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Botch - You can hook up two on the same network.   Let me know if you have any problems, or google it.  I got two working without much trouble.
    Options
    Yay!  Thanks Nola, I'll be in touch if I have problems.   :)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Botch said:
    Gotta tell a quick story: I have a full collection of the music of Basia, pronounced "bah-sha".  I asked "Alexa" for Basia music, and she didn't understand.  I repeated the question several times, with different pronunciations, "Ba-see-a", "Ba-SheYa", nothing.   
    Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I asked Alexa again to play Basia, and she understood me perfectly.  Kudos to Amazon for responding to their "Contact Us" messages!  

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Mine is arriving tomorrow. Can't wait as I love playing with new tech toys.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    Same here.  My comes in tomorrow.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Mine tomorrow also
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Friends of mine put "things" on my shopping list.  Right now I have dildos and guns.
    That was already on your shopping list the last time I was at your house. I have to wonder if friends really put that on there ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I like the shopping list but it's kind of a pain to delete items especially after it misunderstands you
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm so behind the times that I thought you bought a weed whacker or a blower from Amazon.