Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White Sauce Chicken

Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WhiteSauce.jpg
<p />In an earlier post today I talked about the White Sauce Chicken I did last night with Big Bob Gibson's Rub and Sauce. Here is the final product. Man was it good.
Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Squeeze,
    I sure like the sound of that. I'll be needing more info.[p]Mike

• LawnRanger,
    I have enjoyed this for several years on poultry sandwiches , in case any one is interested.[p]
    Sauce, White, Big Bob's Gibson's
    [p]1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    2 Tbs apple cider

1 Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
    2 This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.

Recipe Source
    Author: Recipe courtesy Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Source: Food TV Network[p]Episode#: PASP02[p]Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    LawnRanger,
    Here is what I posted earlier today "I did some chicken quarters last night on the large, elevated grid at 300 degrees, no smoke. Rubbed with Big Bob Gibsons Rub, cooked 30 minutes, flipped for 20, back over for another 20 then coated with Big Bobs White Sauce, let it cook for a minute plated it and more white sauce on the side."

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Richard,
    That's great! Many Thanks. I apologize for not doing more research. You've been very helpful.[p]Thanks again.[p]Mikea

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Dang boy!
    Yowzaroo. That looks mighty fine.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Squeeze,
    Looks like we might be eating pretty good in a few weeks.[p]:)

• Eroc
    Eroc Posts: 53
    Squeeze,
    I just did one with John Henry's Texas Chicken Rub, and the Big Bob Gibsons sauce last week, and it was awesome.
    I used some of that sauce on a couple center cut pork chops tonight, and it was real good on the pork, too.

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Dr BBQ has a recipe in his book and I have pulled a couple off of Google seeing it on Paula Deen traveling around and it looked real good. All the recipes I've seen have been real similar. I have been using Dr BBQ's just because of the convienence of the book. The only thing I substitute is Hellmans Mexican style Mayo made with lime. It is real easy to get in my neighborhood.
    Bill