Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone carry a day bag? If so, what is in it?

FanOfFanboys
FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
Like a shoulder bag or book bag. What do you carry in it? 
Pain med? Pen and paper? Knife? Laptop? 

Not a bug out bag or anything. But an EDC office or urban type. Just day to day stuff you carry and things you have for small daily emergencies.

I just ordered this: http://www.dsgear.com/products/bpc 

Boom

Comments

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    My coworkers would give me a lot of guff if I carried a purse...ummmmm I mean day bag! Just kiddin!!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    my pickup has everything i need including booze, limes, dog food, ice auger, knife, ax, chainsaw, clothes, etc. there is a bag full of tackle =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Depends on the task at hand.

I carry a computer, surge protector, various chargers, phone, tunes, earbuds, Bose mini wave 2, camera, pain meds, tripod, flash light, couple blades, multi tool, sidearm, ammo, cliffs, smoked almonds, water, lighter, markers, pens, pencils, journal, keys, bandannas, coarse ground coffee, and small french press in a 15L pack for work. 

For 2-3  nights backpacking, I carry a 38L Osprey IF, loaded with most of the above, and provisions, for camping, and climbing.

For longer excursions, up to 10 days, a 72L EF loaded.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TnJed
    TnJed Posts: 118
    I have a satchel for work. It has a laptop, pens, charger, and a G19 in it. An a extra mag. 
    “All normal people love meat … You don’t win friends with salad.” - Homer Simpson
    http://griffinmotors.blogspot.com/
    https://instagram.com/griffin_motors/ 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2015
    I don't' carry a day bag.....but do carry a travel bag in the trunk of my car. It contains some plastic cups, and empty growler, bottle opener, coozie, change of shirt, flip flops, rechargeable mini speaker, disposable poncho, lighter, deck of cards, phone charger, flashlight, hand towel and Bob Dylan CD among a few other things. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I carry a brief case.  It has my laptop and all of my "super important" documents.  A lot of guys I know carry backpacks.  You get a lot of the "crunchy type" guys in marketing, so Pategonia and Kavu are pretty popular. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Cel phone and a visa in my pocket, I'm good to go. Wife carries a purse...
    GWN
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
       =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • i have a Timbuk2 messenger bag for my laptop and tech stuff.  Downsized from a Ogio backpack.  It was just too heavy. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    I carry a Filson Game Bag Messenger, laptop, work documents and eye glasses. It is well made and is light weight.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Lecky
    Lecky Posts: 60
    TnJed said:
    I have a satchel for work. It has a laptop, pens, charger, and a G19 in it. An a extra mag. 
    I wish I could carry my G19 but I live in New Jersey
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Like a shoulder bag or book bag. What do you carry in it? 
    Pain med? Pen and paper? Knife? Laptop? 

Not a bug out bag or anything. But an EDC office or urban type. Just day to day stuff you carry and things you have for small daily emergencies.

I just ordered this: http://www.dsgear.com/products/bpc 

@FanOfFanboys  - that is what my wife is for you p$$$$$.     Sorry, couldn't resist.  :)
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    edited June 2015
    I have more travel bags and briefcases than the Egyptian army. I sort of collect them. My go tos  are for work: a Samsonite Tech backpack when traveling or my Old Angler leather messenger bag when in town, which was an anniversary gift and is classy as hell, in an Indiana Jones kind of way. For short trips overnighters it's either my leather Tommy Bahama duffel or my canvas LLBEAN duffel. For longer trips it's the Tumi rolling carry-on. I guess I could get rid of the dozens of other bags I have since  I mainly use these. 

I have almost as many golf bags. It's a sickness...kind of like the BGE thing. 

Don't even get me started on my fishing tackle bags. 

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Laptop, charger, USB flash drives, USB serial adapter, business cards, pens, tablets, spare batteries for everything. If overnight, I use my Samsonite overnight bag and it also has a change of clothes for the next day.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    +1
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I carry a Filson Game Bag Messenger, laptop, work documents and eye glasses. It is well made and is light weight.
    Love Filson products. Especially the stuff before Ralph Lauren bought the company. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    edited June 2015
    I don't carry it everyday. But I keep my book bag packed like this at all times. Makes it easy to grab when I'm doing something out of the norm or traveling.

• Extra chargers for all my devices.
    • Notepad in leather folding binder
    • Pens, pencils, highlighters, and markers. (including dry erase)
    • Graphing calculator
    • AA,AAA,9v batteries
    • Small doc bag (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shave cream, deodorant)
    • Simple first aid kit
    • Random book (whatever I'm reading)
    • Folding multitool and a nice pocket knife (front pocket easy to remember and grab if I'm flying so I don't end up having to toss it)
    • Carabiner with about a hundred feet of parachute cord wrapped tight around it (random gift in a stocking one year)
    • Wallet with an extra ID and $100 cash and a cc I don't use often in case I lose my main wallet
    • A pair of lightweight shorts, a pair of boxers and T-shirt
    • Then I just throw in my phone, laptop, tablet etc.

Mostly this stuff has just accumulated this way. Some of it was when I got into thinking about a bug out bag.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    My wallet is too fat to carry in my back pocket and sit on, so I use a small fanny pack.  Normally, it only has my wallet, my cell phone, ear plugs, and a few business cards in it.  When I go grocery shopping, I manage to squeeze a checkbook and pen into it.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    I carry a briefcase when I'm Taking care of business (TCB). What's inside?  

Crackers. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF5gDTA9zGM
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Zmokin said:
    My wallet is too fat to carry in my back pocket and sit on, so I use a small fanny pack.  Normally, it only has my wallet, my cell phone, ear plugs, and a few business cards in it.  When I go grocery shopping, I manage to squeeze a checkbook and pen into it.
    Checkbook? 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Zmokin said:

Ear plugs? Fanny pack? Checkbook?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Lit said:
    Zmokin said:
    Checkbook? 
    Literally LMAO. With all respect to @Zmokin I bet you don't want to be behind him at the store buying all those briskets and butts when he pulls out the checkbook...

I'm totally messing w you....but that was funny. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    I carry a "European Carry All" 

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    TnJed said:

My buddy carries around a M70AB2 (Yugo AK underfolder) in a tennis racquet case......into malls, restaurants, etc.  It's hilarious.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I have a backpack with my Macbook Pro.   That's it.  Unless I anticipate needing something else, I travel light.