Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game of thrones....

Options
CANMAN1976
CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
Wow wasn't that the best episode of GOT ever?
Man winter is definitely coming!! 
Whats next I wonder?
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Guilty pleasure of mine as well.  Glad you didn't give any spoilers - I'm downloading right now.
    Phoenix 
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Thought this season was moving slowly up until this episode. I was getting sick of them saying "winter is coming" every season - nice to see that some sh*t is FINALLY going down! Hopefully they keep the pace up through to the end of this season. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I'm betting the sparrows get slaughtered at the end of this season or start of the next.  Somebody will have had enough, and...
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I've read all the books and been following all of the episodes. Episodes like this is why I keep giving HBO a long leash. It's obvious that G RR Martin knows where it's all going and has shared the knowledge with the guys at HBO. While some parts may not mesh with what we know from the books now this gives me more faith that the parts are all coming together. 

Simply an amazing episode. On par with the red wedding, the mountain vs the viper, and the wildlings attack on the wall. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That was incredible.  We cooked dinner for some friends and watched it.  Can't wait for next week.
    Options
    That was one SERIOUS battle scene, awesome ending.
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• GrillinSailor
    Options
    My wife is out of town until this evening.  It's Tivoed and I can't watch it until she gets home.  Can't wait.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'm going to watch tonight with my wife and son.  We were at a concert last night so we recorded it.  Now I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    My wife is out of town until this evening.  It's Tivoed and I can't watch it until she gets home.  Can't wait.
    "I can't watch it until she gets home"...

I so hope you are joking...It's  Game of Thrones...lol
    So many wrongs here I don't know where to start.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    GOT is the only reason I regret giving up my HBO subscription. It's hard to justify $20 a month for one show I like when Netflix is only $8.  I guess I also miss hard knocks 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Great episode!  Interesting that some storylines are ahead of the books(like Tyrion), and others behind(like Rikon).  Some even seem excluded... So far.  
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    Options
    Best show ever made, bar none.  (I read 'most' of the books but the show's past where I've read to at this point).

I'm also completely and totally obsessed with Daenerys.  OMG, Emelia Clarke is AMAZING in the role..
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Awesome episode, finally some white walker action after 5 seasons of anticipation. Definitely seems like a lot of plot build up for the final 2 episodes.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2015
    Options

If Episode 8 is any indication, the finale will be Event Television.

Probably worth a slab or three of baby backs and few bottles of . . . whatever.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Not related to the last episode but what do you guys think of the rumour going around the web that John Snow is the rightful heir to the iron throne?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Not related to the last episode but what do you guys think of the rumour going around the web that John Snow is the rightful heir to the iron throne?
    black hair, fits
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • BigGreenGator
    Options

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• SmokyBear
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey, if you're gonna post GOT pics, at least go with something good!

Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • LDR
    Options
    I'd wager that the "Song of Ice and Fire" means John Snow and Daenerys end up ruling together.  I also think that the great/secret favor that Ned did for Robert was to take in John
  • LDR
    Options
    Not that Martin's ever going to finish writing the books...
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SmokyBear said:
    Hey, if you're gonna post GOT pics, at least go with something good!

She ain't ugly!  (Needs more flesh to make it to "dayum!", though.)

At first, I thought she was too rigid or stiff, but I was wrong!  Either she nailed this character or she 'created' it.   

Either way, she is carrying the sh!t outta this role.

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Very good episode, this season has been a very slow burn.  After such an epic season of the walking dead its hard not to compare every show I have watched after and find each one lacking.  I'm still gushing over how good it was
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    There's another rumor that Tyrion wasn't actually Tywins son and is the rightful heir to the throne.  The series should end with a bang. 

• SmokyBear
    Options
    At first, I thought she was too rigid or stiff, but I was wrong!  Either she nailed this character or she 'created' it.   

Either way, she is carrying the sh!t outta this role.

ITA!!  I finally figured out that I really don't think she's that amazing LOOKING (especially when you see her out of character or even when you see Emelia Clarke in an interview or a mag cover), but it's the total Daenery's package that's mesmerizing - what she wears, how she carries herself, the strength she shows - especially when she's angry..like you said, she is carrying the sh!t outta the role.  It's pretty cool seeing this previously frail little girl who was sold by her brother to be the concubine of a nomadic conquerer become the person who will likely rule over the seven kingdoms by the time things are all said and done..great story line!

Not sure why, but I'm totally and completely obsessed with this girl..I could watch a full 60 minutes every week with no other character than Daenerys and be QUITE happy..
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    black hair, fits

But doesn't that rumor generally refer to the idea that he's a Targaryan, so black hair wouldn't be any proof.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Acn said:
    byrne092 said:
    black hair, fits

But doesn't that rumor generally refer to the idea that he's a Targaryan, so black hair wouldn't be any proof.
    Didnt Ragar Targaryan have black hair? 

• Sardonicus
    Options

Tonight's episode . . .

• Acn
    Options
    Acn said:
    byrne092 said:
    black hair, fits

Didnt Ragar Targaryan have black hair? 
    I couldn't remember, so I checked the wiki of ice and fire, and it says he had the Targaryan silver hair.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Options

Tonight's episode . . .

Tonight was the closest my wife has come to shutting it off.  The Sansa scenes were nothing compared to tonight.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options

Tonight's episode . . .