Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can We Talk About the BGE Twinkies?

JohnInCarolina
JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
I can't believe nobody here has commented on this yet. At the top of the forum page, headquarters has a couple of recipe suggestions for us.   One is to a three course menu, another is to Fliet Mignon, and the third is to... planked Twinkies.  

What do planked Twinkies look like you ask?  Well basically what you'd imagine:

The recipe sounds like something that will probably take a year off your life:

Ingredients

8 individual Twinkies, or 4 packages
3⁄4 cup Nutella, or other chocolate hazelnut spread 6 Oreo cookies, smashed into chunks
1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
1⁄4 cup chocolate toffee pieces

1 regular cedar plank, soaked in water

Instructions

Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 275°F/135°C.

Arrange the Twinkies on the plank, Slather the top of the Twinkies evenly with Nutella. Sprinkle with Oreo chunks, mini marshmallows and chocolate toffee pieces.

Place the plank on the EGG and close the dome. Allow Twinkies to heat and smoke slowly for 15 minutes, until marshmallows are golden brown and everything is heated through. Remove from EGG and serve immediately with a big glass of milk.

Makes 4 servings.

Holy Cannoli Batman!

I can't decide if this is one of the more disgusting things I've seen here, or if I need to run down to the store and pick up the ingredients.   

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments