Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dayton, Ohio Area Eggheads

Options
anyone in the Dayton/Tipp City area?  I'm getting stationed out there, and looking for housing info?  Plus it wod be nice to get to know some fellow Eggers in the area.

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    There is a long time Dayton OH egger on the other forum, you may want to post this there as well, hopefully she'll help out.  

canuckland
  • HoosierDaddy
    Options
    There's another forum?  Lol
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    I may get banned for this  =)
    http://www.greeneggers.com/
    canuckland
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    HoosierDaddy, I live in the south Dayton, area.  If you have children, the public school systems in South Dayton are Oakwood, Centerville, Beavercreek, and Bellbrook.  The best private school is Miami Valley School.  There are also parochial schools.  If you don't have children, then the school system may not be as important.  If you want more like a village where your children walk to school and you can walk around and it is truly a 2 square mile community, that would be Oakwood.  In Oakwood all the children walk to school and go home for lunch or may eat in the cafeteria. The other's towns mentions are typical burbs.Feel free to contact me with any further questions.  Where you live might also depend upon where you will be working.  You mentioned Tipp City.  I grew up on a farm just east of Tipp City in New Carlisle.  That is north of Dayton.  I really don't know much about northern Dayton. But Tipp City is small and quaint, as is Troy which is even further north.  Welcome to the forum
  • HoosierDaddy
    Options
    Thanks eenie meenie.  We're going to go look around the area, and stop by base tomorrow.