Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen for $79!

Options
Toxarch
Toxarch Posts: 1,900
edited May 2015 in EggHead Forum
I'm not affiliated at all with the product or the seller. I'm just a fan of this instant read thermometer. The normal $96 price is quite expensive for a thermometer, I will agree with that. My brother bought one and I balked when I found out the price. But after using it, there's not another instant read thermometer I would rather have. I use it all the time in the kitchen. The temperature range is -58.0 to 572.0°F with +/- 0.7 degree accuracy.
Apparently the purple color is being discontinued and is on sale for $79. Thought I'd pass along the info for anyone interested.
http://thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/?utm_source=Nl-2015May31&utm_medium=email&utm_term=PurpleThermapen&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=May2015-Juicy-Burger-Secrets-cs#Specifications

Aledo, Texas
Large BGE
KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

Comments

• DoctorMojo
    DoctorMojo Posts: 126
    Options
    I heard the Purple was slower....lol. a couple of weeks ago they had a British racing green that matched the BGE for $79 but I snoozed too long....think I will order the Purple..(Even if it is slower)...lol...that was the running joke here that some say the red is fastest some say the orange...$79 Purple works for me.

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• motowfo
    motowfo Posts: 32
    Options
    That's a heck of a deal... I have flat black paint to take care of the color! :)
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I heard the Purple was slower....lol. a couple of weeks ago they had a British racing green that matched the BGE for $79 but I snoozed too long....think I will order the Purple..(Even if it is slower)...lol...that was the running joke here that some say the red is fastest some say the orange...$79 Purple works for me.

I have a purple one that I paid full price for.  It's really fast.  It might be faster than the green one.
    NOLA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    The British Racing Green matches the egg, and the combined forces make it easily the fasted of them all.  I'm sure mine has doubled in value since they discontinued it last month.  

Truth be told, the color doesn't really matter since the magnetic silicone boot almost completely mutes the color.  And I highly recommend the boot.
    Phoenix 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Look up "Blueshift". Blue is always the fastest and red is the always the slowest.
    I have a black one. I didn't buy it. My brother left it at the house and so it became mine. But I will deny that. I bought one of these purple ones so I guess I can give the black one back to my brother... as a Christmas gift.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• blasting
    Options
    @Toxarch   Thanks for posting.  It is common on this site to post the latest Thermapen sales, and I believe most here appreciate the heads up.

Phoenix 
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    Toxarch  before someone comes on here accusing you of pimping that promotion to make a dollar or something else!
    I Smoke

• DoctorMojo
    DoctorMojo Posts: 126
    Options
    It is working...I am ordering a Purple tomorrow!!

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• blasting
    Options
    It is working...I am ordering a Purple tomorrow!!
    You'll love it.  Unbelievable how a thermometer upped my grilling game, but it has.  I used to overcook things "just to be safe".  
    Phoenix 
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    My wife couldn't believe I was paying that much for a thermometer, but she's since decided that it has become her property.  I gave them as Christmas gifts that year, and everybody went from saying "so - it's a thermometer" to really appreciating them. Now - if I could just get it to remind me to go check the temperature...