Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a change!

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The days before August 4th I spent so much writing into this forum and even more time reading all your post. Up until the 4th I used a Weber gas grill for years. After all your help and mouth watering post, I broke down that day and bought an Egg.[p]The last two months I've cooked the best food ever and tried things like Pulled Pork that I never would have tried on my old gas grill. All the post I've written asking for help have had great replies and many of you have truly made our meals great.[p]I thought I would use the gas grill about half the time, but tonight is the first time we've used it since I bought the Egg.[p]My son has to cook outdoors for a scout badge and the gas grill is easier for him. plus there is an 8lb. butt on the Egg![p]Thanks to all of you for helping us truly enjoy these last 2 months. You are awesome![p]Frank

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Franco,
    Great to hear of your successful adventures in humptyland. When you mentioned not using your gas grill, I thought of when I was in Toronto a few weeks ago visiting Earl. Still haven't got my pictures back yet, but I took a shot of the stand he uses for his mini. Yep, his gas grill is the stand. I'll post the picture when I get it....it's a classic.[p]Thanks for the report!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Franco,[p]I don't think I believed it either, but I was also hooked after only a few days (of egg cooked food. Do think you'll make it to Atlanta for Eggtoberfest?[p]Smokey

• Franco
    Options
    Smokey, I would love to make to Atlanta, but that weekend is my wifes cousin is getting married. I don't know if she'd divorce me for going, but our conversation patterns might change.[p]Thanks, Frank

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Franco,
    Hummmm! Single w/Egg! It'd probably be easy to get a date. Just kidding,, don't dare go there! Hearing stories like yours is like watching kids open Christmas presents. We all walked the same path you are walking. It's an eye-opening experience cooking on the EGG. I've got a thousand dollar Holland stainless propane grill sitting about 10 feet from my EGG. I never use it. Used it in summer of 99, but we just used it to keep butter melted (HAAA!). All of my meals include meat, 99.99999% of the time, it comes from the BGE. The rest is usually fish, and I'm partial to eating fish fried by the GURU OF GREASE! I know,, the EGG is healthier,, but I take medicine for my cholostrol and if I don't keep some grease in my system, the doc may take me off it...... Glad to hear you are enjoying your new-found love. Enjoy the million different things you can do with it.