Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ecigs

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
Anyone tried or use these i smoke and really wanna quit and was thinking of trying one of the ecigs . Anyone have one or used them thoughts about them ? do they work to take the place of a regular cigarette is one better than the other 
Thank Phil 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I quit back at Christmas time and I used a brand called njoy. They did the trick for me. I tried blu and that was a waste of money. I know they carry them at sheetz. I'm sure Wawa has a brand that might work. Good luck man! I smoked for a looooong time. Life's too short to make it shorter by smoking. You need any help just reach out
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    One of my best friends quit smoking after 20+yrs with Chantrix. He says he doesn't have any cravings whatsoever. Of course, you do need  the will to want to quit, which it seems you already have. Good luck!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bigphil
    Options
    @grege345 i picked up a njoy bold has a strong throat hit also picked up a starfire to try local store sells a single unit and got a blu to try .looks like its a toss up between the njoy and starfire .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    My buddy uses them and he has been successful.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • bigphil
    Options
    @cortguitarman which one does he use ?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    caliking said:
    One of my best friends quit smoking after 20+yrs with Chantrix. He says he doesn't have any cravings whatsoever. Of course, you do need  the will to want to quit, which it seems you already have. Good luck!
    +1  seen that work with several smokers, pretty much the only thing ive seen being really successful
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    @bigphil I'm not sure.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    caliking said:
    +1  seen that work with several smokers, pretty much the only thing ive seen being really successful
    +1  worked for me.  Tried the ecigs, but ultimately, didn't work.  the chantix did.  Can give you some funky dreams though.  Also, the prescribed course of chantix is 3 months, but my experience and that of my friends was that being on it for 5 helped more.
    Pentwater, MI
  • bigphil
    Options
    This post was done almost two years ago . And i'm happy to say i have been cigarette and tabacco free since i posted this . Thanks to the use of vapor products . 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Good on you. 7 weeks cigarette free after 25 years of pack a day plus smoking. Vapeing has done it for me. Have decreased my nicotine from 18 mg to 6 mg during that time. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • bigphil
    Options
    Thats awesome @MJG  congrats i was two and a half packs a day started at 24mg of nic and now down to 3mg 
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options
    I vape also, I haven't had a cigarette since January. I started at 18 mg and now I'm down to 12 mg.  

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    That's awesome guys!  Wonderful news.  Way to kick it.  Hell you guys can buy a 1lb. ribeye everyday for what you guys were paying for a pack of cigs.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    My wife quit her lifelong habit in October. She went through a bunch of different vapes until she settled on the one she's had for several months now.

I make her juice for her, now that she's down to 0% nicotine. It's really easy to make and costs cents per fill, not dollars for the commercial flavors.

I use concentrated candy making flavoring, food grade propylene glycol, and food grade vegetable glycerine. She likes root beer and cinnamon.

It cost about $20 to make a gallon of the stuff. Compared to $3 an ounce for the over the counter stuff.

Now if I can figure out how to re-pack the fuse after it burns out... I'm thinking of using cotton and small gauge wire.

I quit the old fashioned way in 1986, and occasionally take a pull on her vape, it feels like a cig, but tastes waaaaaay better.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Two packs a day smoker for over 30 years - I quit using a vape unit and haven't touched a cigarette in over 2 years.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • MJG
    edited May 2015
    Options
    you should check out the rebuildable atomizers @DieselkW. I am just getting into that. Easy to get caught up in all the gadgets for sure. I am going to look into the DIY juice shortly. It does get expensive. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Congrats. I've been off 'em for a year and month. Started with 18mg and now down to 1.5mg. Do as @MJG suggested and do rebuildables. I still need to start making my own juice. Not sure how, though.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Options
    My setup for the day CherryBomber Box mod with Troll RDA and Strawberry Overdose by Dr. Crimmy and Simple Mod with Troll RDA and Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Tastes like Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. So I'm not smoking and not eating candy. Double plus for me.

Rowlett, Texas

• MJG
    Options
    Check out the e-cigarette-forums @Griffin. Ton of info on there and a lot of good folks too. Quitting smoking has turned into a new obsession for me!  At $15 per day the savings, in addition to the obvious health benefits, are adding up. My wife quit too but she's not down with the vapeing but does not mind that I do. Checking out a new to me vape shop in Salem, MA tonight. 
  • Griffin
    Options
    @MJG is there a forum you recommend? I've thought about making it myself. Hell, I'm a chemist. I can mix $hiat all day long. Even looked at a few places online to get nicotine and stuff.

Rowlett, Texas

• MJG
    Options
    Yes @Griffin. Check out https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com. Chemist, huh?  My cousin who is a Pharmacist is the best home brewer I know. Good to but knowledge towards fun too!  Also a lot of good thins on you tube. Rip Trippers has some good things as do Grimm Green and PBussardo. Godspeed, Sir. 
  • Griffin
    Options
    I've made some decent homebrews.

Can't stand Rip Tripper. Way too much energy and hate all those buzzwords he always uses. I like Grimm Green and Suck My Mod. I'll check out that forum. Thanks

Rowlett, Texas

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bigphil said:
    Thats awesome @MJG  congrats i was two and a half packs a day started at 24mg of nic and now down to 3mg 
    Which setup did you end up going with?  I've considered giving it a try to help quit dipping.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    I smoked 1 to 2 packs a day for 40 years and last Sept. I started vaping and have not had a cig since. 
  • MJG
    Options
    I went with a 50 watt eLeaf iStick. I have a few Aspire Natilus full size and mini tanks as well as a Kanger sub tank too. @aukerns08
  • msocko3
    msocko3 Posts: 35
    Options
    My wife has been using Green smoke brand e-cig, she seems happy with them. My self, I was a 1 pack a day smoker and a half a can of Cope a day dipper. It was nothing to have a big old pinch of Cope in and a smoke burning also. I quit them both cold turkey, the smokes 1st and the the dip. I don't miss the smokes a single bit, now the Cope. I smell a fresh can and I would love to have a big old pinch. I've been nicotine free for 15 years, I won't go back.